shape
carat
color
clarity

Cushion Decision

cushionlove25

Rough_Rock
Which diamond do you prefer, right or left. The left is an 8 main, the right is a 4. There is a huge price difference between the two diamonds. I once had an 8, and wanted another to replace it. But am being told they are no longer being cut this same way, and the 4 main, on the right are the majority being sold now. So the Left is the more expensive (as it is what I previously had and they are not cutting this way) and inflated because of the cut and the right is less expensive. The left is a cushion brilliant and the right is a cushion mod brilliant (but not the crushed glass variety). I have been told that the Right's cut is now recently being classified as modified. Sorry if this is confusing, will repost when I see the certification.

Which would you choose, need your ideas.

Diamonds.jpg

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I picked without reading your whole post and I *think* I like the one on the left. Its hard to tell though because it is not a
head-on shot of the left stone.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Honestly, neither. What are your specs and budget?

mogster

Shiny_Rock
I prefer the one on the right because I like the "x" pattern better than the "+" pattern, if that makes sense.

SC86

Shiny_Rock
From the photo you've shown I'd pick the 8 main on the left. Do have the specs on them? It sounds like you might not be satisfied with either?!

moosemom

Shiny_Rock
Just considering your picture alone I think the one on the left is more appealing.

cushionlove25

Rough_Rock
yennyfire why neither? Wanting under 5k for stone. Will post certs when I get both of them. I purchased my previous stone when gold and diamonds were a good deal, now they have gone way up, diamonds way up, gold up, but im not sure by how much. My old was an 8 main, h (faces up as G), Vs1. Cant remember the rest and lost cert but can requestit from the seller.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I actually like the 4 main fine. But it's not my stone.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
yennyfire|1314819671|3006623 said:
Honestly, neither. What are your specs and budget?
Ditto.

I don't think either is a particularly appealing cushion to my eye. It doesn't really matter, though, because you will be the one wearing it. Which do you prefer? It sounds like you're not really drawn to one over the other. Do you have pictures of other cushions that you love?

cushionlove25

Rough_Rock
I like the left over right. The left looks like my old one. It is way more money than the right. I'm waiting on certs. I like the left better, but i like the right too and it is a good price. The right is my favorite. Wanted to see if the other appealed to people and what they thought. I'm a little worried to get a different plot. The right is a modified and i always saw modified as lookibg like broken glass like radiants which I do not prefer. When i received this picture I thought both were very pretty. I just don't think i can pay the high price just because the cut is no longer being made. It is not like I am paying for a higher cut clarity, color, clarity. My husband likes left better, but for price the right he likes, too. He likes how the right has an oval table.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
I like the + look better, but honestly, I think if you had not told me I would think both are equally beautiful.

cushionlove25

Rough_Rock
more pics of cushion on RIGHT. What do you think? Getting report later.

cushion1.jpg

cushfront.jpg

chamois

Brilliant_Rock
If I had to pick, I prefer the one on the left, I like the shape (more pillowy corners) better than the one on the right, plus I don't like the x as much. To be completely honest, I agree with Yenny and would probably keep looking. However, if your love it then that's all that matters !

LGK

Ideal_Rock
Huh. I am not sure what the dealer means that they are not cutting 8 main brilliants. They're not, like, super common but they do turn up. Maybe s/he is referring to a specific cutter?

Anyway. I prefer the one with the X pattern over the + shape, but light performance would trump either really.

smokey99

Shiny_Rock
I prefer the look of the cushion on the left. A little more rounded, a little chunkier looking. But if there is a pretty significant difference in the price, I dont think Id pay the premium. Both look very, very nice!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
cushionlove25|1314906576|3007648 said:
Can someone help me find one?

Sure many can help you find them...however it helps if you post your parameters. What is your budget, size and color preference...

cushionlove25

Rough_Rock
More info on what I am looking for: Around 5k and under, 8 main like the one on the left, but not so expensive that one is way over budget. GIA certified. H color and up. VS1/2 and up, maybe an SI1 if I will be able to see no inclusions with the naked eye. no fluor., no culet, 1ct-1.10ct, like measurements of around 6mm, ratio close to 1 or anything pretty squarish, soft pillowy corners like the left one, I like the softer look of that as opposed to the right. I like lots of fire, brilliance and for it to face up pretty large, too. I like the chunkier facets of the left one, this plot I love. very good to exc or ideal cut, nice polish and symmetry. Any other questions?

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
cushionlove25|1314893265|3007460 said:
more pics of cushion on RIGHT. What do you think? Getting report later.

i see what looks like an inclusion right under the table at about the 1-2 o'clock position. it looks like you are going to keep looking which i am glad to hear, as i do think you can find what you really want. however, if you are still considering this one, be sure to ask about this inclusion. it looks like it is black and may not be eye-clean! that would be a deal-breaker for me, regardless of the style of cut.

ETA: the inclusion i think i am seeing is inside the x, for further clarification.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the one on the left.

cushionlove25

Rough_Rock
hi everyone! yes i wasnt sure about the not cutting the 8 main types anymore. He said it had to do with profits and cutting them as rounds instead. They are both eyeclean. So the left one is way expensive so either the right one or find one like the one on the left for a better price from some other seller. The person I am currently working with has no more to show me.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
have you contacted any of the PS vendors about sourcing a cushion for you. I would think Mark at ERD and GOG would be high on the list of being able to find something for you. I would definitely contact them.

Good Old Gold
Engagement Rings Direct

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the one on the right is very nice, especially for the price if it's much cheaper!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results