shape
carat
color
clarity

Cushion Cut Wisdom

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Rina

Rough_Rock
Hi. First thank you for such a great forum. I have been staying up late reading all the posts. Feel like it's night school! I am interested in cushion cut diamonds... (of course, I am also interested in most types of diamonds!!) and previous posts suggested you really need to see them in person to judge their quality. Since I am interested in buying over the internet, this obviously presents a challenge.

Two stones I am considering (which I found from your listed vendors) indicate:
F/SI
64.7 D
62 T
8.30 x 7.00 x 4.53
(GIA)

G/SI
60.9 D
57 T
7.31 x 8.86 x 5.09
(EGL)

Can anyone more experienced than myself sense what these may be like?
Last question, and forgive me if this is stupid, but between Radiants/Flanders/Asscher/Princess (e.g., squares)-- is there a sense of which shape itself is most brilliant or does it simply depend on the cut of each stone?

Thanks again for this great site and its contributors!

Rina:))

cushionfinder

Rough_Rock
Rina
1.gif

----------------
[/quote]
Hi Rina, You really need to see cushion cuts to appreciate their beauty. Brilliance is really not the issue. The gracefullnes of the cut and the handling of light both in poorly lit surroundings and in daylight are really critical. Cushions vary tremendously in cut. One cutter in Israel has over a dozen types of cut. You might want to go onto one of the search engines and look for suppliers who have good photographs of their stones.

Stephen Weinstein
Dahne and Weinstein
www.dahneandweinstein.com

diamondsman

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
wavey.gif
As far as brilliance is concerned ,I personally like the princess cut or radiant cut ,better than cushion cuts. the cushion cut does not have the multi facets that the peincess cut has therfore not haveing the same brilliance!.

I would get the princess or rad. cut.

just my 2 cents.
1.gif

diamondsman

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results