shape
carat
color
clarity

Cushion Cut Questions: Modern/Old/Cushette and Spread

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

DawnMichie

Rough_Rock
Hello!

I am interested in getting a cushion cut diamond to set in a platinum X-prong ring. I have a couple of questions regarding buying a cushion cut:

1. What is the difference between the old cushion cut, the modern cushion cut, and the cushette? If anyone has pictures or links, that would help.

2. My budget is around $7,000 for the stone. I am looking between 1.0-1.65 carat, E-G color, VS1-SI1 clarity. As far as cut, I am not sure what to look at. I''m not concerned with the carat weight, but I would like the diamond to look big. How can you tell the spread from the measurements given?

Thank you!
wavey.gif

Dawn

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Hey! Can't say I know enough about cushion cuts, but I DO love them!!!

Here's a link that might help, as it has a picture of the Cushette:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/anyone-buy-a-cushion-from-an-on-line-vendor.11214/

Good luck!!!

diane5006

Brilliant_Rock
Hi you may want to also check out the Regent..there is a thread in the "SHOW ME THE RING" forum...that has lots of pictures of Regents set...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results