shape
carat
color
clarity

Cushion cut pink spinel - thoughts on this one?

kt

Shiny_Rock
I'm looking now for either a pink or lavender spinel, medium tone (not a hot pink or an intense pink) to go in an unplated white gold (antique-y looking) setting, in a bezel. Need something in a 6-7mm cushion size.

I came across this one 7 x 6.4 x 5mm, and I emailed to ask if it had a window, and the vendor wrote:
"The Spinel does not have a window per say. If at all maybe a tiny spot at the culet that isn't noticeable in person. It is a clean, bright and well cut Spinel with pretty color."

But that looks like a window to me...is it me? Just wanted to get some opinons before I ask to have it sent (they have a good return policy). Also, thoughts on the color? Thanks so much! :wavey:

pink spinel example 1.jpg

pink spinel example 2.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks like a very small window, which will probably close up once set. The color is decent. I think with this one, it will have more sparkle, and I like the lighter tone of it. Depending on the price, it may be a good buy.

kt

Shiny_Rock
Thanks TL! Am I "allowed" to post the price of it on here? I wasn't sure...

I"m also having another vendor send me pics of a 6mm cushion, but i'm hoping this one does the trick as it's a bit larger!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kt|1309539270|2959993 said:
Thanks TL! Am I "allowed" to post the price of it on here? I wasn't sure...

I"m also having another vendor send me pics of a 6mm cushion, but i'm hoping this one does the trick as it's a bit larger!

Sure you can post the price here.

kt

Shiny_Rock
So this one is listed as VVS to IF, untreated, $241, 1.93 cts (and from Burma, so i'm assuming it's a bit "older"?). I just ordered it to look at it live as I spoke to Michael @ Litnon and he told me no window, nice saturation, NO grayness, and if anything a hint of lavender/purple undertones.

The other one i'm waiting for photos on is also from Burma, VVS, untreated, $345, 1.15 cts
Well saturated medium pink. No orange undertones, very clean and brilliant. Well cut, no windows or extinction.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results