shape
carat
color
clarity

Cushion cut pave engagement ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Engineer

Rough_Rock
So after reading these forums for a couple months and taking in all I could about diamonds I went ahead and bought my girlfriend a ring. I enjoyed looking for the diamond and setting a lot more than I thought too. I ended up getting it made from a place called Designs by Shirlee in downtown Matthews, NC. She does amazing work and was a pleasure to work with...she even finished the ring more than a month early!!!! Attached are some pictures of the ring, I decided on a cushion cut diamond and wanted it to look similar to the Harry Winston micropave with a more antique look. I''m very pleased with how it turned out!

editPW1.jpg

Engineer

Rough_Rock
Here is one more shot...

editPW2.jpg

widget

Ideal_Rock
Wowee, it''s just gorgeous! Did your girl faint dead away when you gave it to her???

Congratulations!

widget

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
it''s beautiful...

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Be still my heart....lovely ring! Congratulations on your engagement.

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
it''s beautiful, congratulations!!

now, we need more pics (please!!) show us that pretty profile and tell us more about the stone!!
36.gif
36.gif

did she just love it?? IF not, I do, so I can give you my address, lol.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh, it is beautiful! Does she have a store front? I live in Charlotte.

Engineer

Rough_Rock
The stone is a 1.51 ct, VS2, I color with some blue fluorescence...which is my favorite part when you see it in the sunlight! Ill try to get a picture or two of the rings profile up soon.

Yeah, she does have a storefront, check out www.designsbyshirlee.com and you can find out how to get there.

By the way, Tacori E-ring...my fiancee saw your wedding pictures on another thread and really liked them...who did your photos??? Thanks!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/6/2007 1:19:16 AM
Author: Engineer
The stone is a 1.51 ct, VS2, I color with some blue fluorescence...which is my favorite part when you see it in the sunlight! Ill try to get a picture or two of the rings profile up soon.

Yeah, she does have a storefront, check out www.designsbyshirlee.com and you can find out how to get there.

By the way, Tacori E-ring...my fiancee saw your wedding pictures on another thread and really liked them...who did your photos??? Thanks!

Ahhh, thanks
9.gif
Unfortunately I got married in Milwaukee, WI not Charlotte. I have no wedding information about this city but theknot.com might have a local board (that is how I found ours in WI). Good luck with the planning. Biltmore would be a dream location!

Her ring really is stunning and I will have to visit her store soon. I am sure diamondseeker would love to see it too (she is from around here as well!)

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty ring! Is it official?? Congrats if it is!

MiniMouse

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful ring Engineer, you did great. I bet your fiance is on cloud 9.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous, it looks amazing on her hand!!! I love the look of this setting with your lovely cushion! Stunning, congratulations!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
It''s a beauty! Congrats!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a LOVELY ring!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Engineer that ring is just stunning!!!

Engineer

Rough_Rock
She did say yes by the way!!! I thought I had another month or so before the ring was ready, but when it was done early I knew there was no way I could hold on to it very long! Here is the only other picture I have at the moment of the side of the ring (from the ring designer)...I plan to take more soon, but havent had time to take any.

By the way, does anyone have tips on taking good pictures of diamonds and rings? (my fiancee has a 6 megapixel camera and I used the macro setting, but still cant get great shots like I see on here!) Thanks for the help!

phillip_3 views.jpg

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Are you going to get her wedding band there too?

CdnBlingGal

Brilliant_Rock
It''s beautiful!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s gorgeous!! Congratulations on your engagement.
36.gif
36.gif

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~So pretty!!! Congrats!!!!
36.gif
36.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a great job you did...that ring is a total knockout in every way!

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Nice work!
36.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Swaeeeeet
30.gif
! Well done & congrats.

cheers--Sharon

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
It''s a gorgeous ring.

bargaincrazy

Shiny_Rock
The lattice metal work on the basket is so cool and unique. I LOVE it and the ring. Gorgeous! Great job and congratulations!!

Rock Candy

Brilliant_Rock
What a beautiful ring with a unique setting! I love it!!! Congratulations on your engagement!!!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your ring is just gorgeous, you did a great job!! And I''m so glad she said yes.
2.gif

As for taking pics, you already know to use the macro. Make sure the flash is turned off.

Diffused light gives the best results, like in front of a window where light is coming in, but not direct sunlight. Windowsills give good shots usually too.

And hold still, can''t stress that enough.

Try all different angles, you never know what will turn out well.

And try different props, sometimes they add a nice ambience.

HTH!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good job on the ring. Congratulations!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results