shape
carat
color
clarity

Cushion Cut Help Request w/ Pictures!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
CharmyPoo|1326261539|3100158 said:
Honestly, if you are buying it from ERD - I don't see a benefit for going for appraisal prior to your purchase. Most appraisers are just going to validate the specs. I hate to say this but very few will give you the critical analysis that we are giving you here. This is unless you find one who is a total cut nut and has all the high tech equipment. I found Richard Sherwood to be very very helpful but he is MIA :(

Unfortunately I agree. MY experience with appraisers has been pretty lacking where I live, and I have basically gone to them all :blackeye:

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I agree that an appraiser can validate a GIA report- or verify the condition of the stone.
The best ones ( which are indeed rare) will give a cut grade analysis- but even then, they can not tell you if a stone is desirable to you, therefore limited benefit.

Cushion4Life

Rough_Rock
DreamerD - Thank you for the explanation, it is really helpful. I think I need to just go and see the stone in person to make a decision on it. Everything from the photos (no seemingly unsightful visible inclusions) to the video and ASET all seem really promising. It's probably a good to really good value (hopefully) and will probably look amazing once set and with a halo.

I am hoping that with a single halo it will also make it look much bigger on her finger, since I was ideally hoping for something in the 2.65 - 2.99 range.

Cushion4Life

Rough_Rock
OK! I was finally able to see the stone in person. I took several images, which I am attaching here for your viewing pleasure. The other diamond you see is just a CZ D-Color RB. I use that for baseline comparison for color. I also used my ASET scope to try and snap those pictures. I am NOT an ASET expert picture taker, but I tried.

In some of the pictures you can see the "dark cross" at some angles. I am not sure how much that bothers me and if I should let it bother me. It's not visible at all angles. Any last thoughts on this diamond? I know a lot has already been said, not trying to beat a dead horse, but with my in-person viewing and new pics I thought I'd see if there are any final thoughts.

Without further delay, picture bomb starts now....

IMG_0307.JPG

IMG_0308.JPG

IMG_0309.JPG

IMG_0318.JPG

Cushion4Life

Rough_Rock
Absolute last pictures, apologies for the photo bomb.

And DONE.

IMG_0344.JPG

IMG_0345.JPG

Cushion4Life

Rough_Rock
Also... I'd be curious on what people thought was a fair price for stone and setting. I want to do a HW setting with halo and micropave stones on the band too all the way down. I do believe it's a high quality stone.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
You are working with Mark and prices don't really get better than his. He essentially has no room to negotiate as well.

If you are getting a setting from him, there is perhaps some wiggle room.

HW halo settings cost between $4000 - $6000 if hand made (ex. Leon Mege, Victor Canera, Steven Kirsh, Maytal Hannah, etc).
CAD/CAST is probably below $4000.

My feedback on the stone is the same as before. Most important is if you like the stone :)

Cushion4Life

Rough_Rock
suma|1327082723|3107524 said:
Cushion4Life said:
Also... I'd be curious on what people thought was a fair price for stone and setting. I want to do a HW setting with halo and micropave stones on the band too all the way down. I do believe it's a high quality stone.

Has Mark shown you alternatives to this stone?
Have you gone to see Leon Mege/Perry and given them your specs to source stones for you?
Have you gone to GOG to see what they have to offer you in both generic 8 main and AVCs?

As far as pricing, fair pricing depends on what other vendors are willing to sell you the same stone for. All three above have access to the same suppliers.

This is really the best stone in my budget that he has to show.

Not gone to Leon Mege/Perry or told them my specs.

GOG has great diamonds, August Vintage, but I for my budget I can barely get a 2cwt diamond and I would like it bigger than smaller.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The ERD one is nicer than your first one.

Cushion4Life

Rough_Rock
JulieN|1327099659|3107762 said:
The ERD one is nicer than your first one.

I went with the ERD one. It is now being set by Mark. I will post completed photos in the next 10 days when I have the ring in hand!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results