shape
carat
color
clarity

Cushion cut - Help me choose (video)

brownd

Rough_Rock
Hey everyone,

I've been looking for a Modern Cushion Brilliant diamond, with good brightness, sparkle & fire. Looking for a F-H colour, VSI-SI1 clarity, budget is $7-9k.

With your help, I found some good looking stones over at GoG and I've asked them to make a video for me with these 3 diamonds! I included the H&A as I was interested in the difference in cut brightness/sparkle, however I am leaning towards the bigger stones.

1ct H&A: http://www.goodoldgold.com/ecommerce/1ct-i-vs2-platinum-square-hears-and-arrows-cushion-diamond.html
1.3ct FSI1 (eye clean): http://www.goodoldgold.com/ecommerce/1.3ct-f-si1-platinum-select-modern-cushion-diamond.html
1.3ct GVS2: http://www.goodoldgold.com/ecommerce/1.3ct-2.html

Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3okozebhXTo

The FSI1 (middle) looks best to me in first & last lighting and GVS2 (right) seems to have most sparkle in second lighting...But I'm very new to this.

What does everyone think? Would love your opinions.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the middle overall. The one on the right does look awesome in the 2nd lighting, however, I'm not sure if it's the angle or if its the cut, but the top part of the table looks totally dark. I don't like that.
I'm not a huge fan of H&A cushions, but it was also pretty sparkly on it's own. I'd go with the middle if it were me buying.

brownd

Rough_Rock
telephone89|1449697906|3959505 said:
I like the middle overall. The one on the right does look awesome in the 2nd lighting, however, I'm not sure if it's the angle or if its the cut, but the top part of the table looks totally dark. I don't like that.
I'm not a huge fan of H&A cushions, but it was also pretty sparkly on it's own. I'd go with the middle if it were me buying.

Thanks, I tend to agree - I'm going to assume it's the cut and not the angle that makes the table look totally dark near the top.

Do you think sparkle on middle diamond is near ideal? It looks lovely to me, I'm just making sure I am getting the best Cushion cut I can for my budget.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd think so. The link doesn't work so I can't see the price, but the si1 eye clean is great for the budget. and the cut looks really nice and sparkly.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The second stone seemed a little brighter and appears to have good
Sparkle factor. I do see the dark area under the top side of the table
On the 3Rd stone. I'm going to vote for the second stone.

brownd

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your help guys! I decided to go with the second stone - it's all locked in. I also went with the GoG Perfect Halo setting :)

In case you are interested, here is the GIA Report Number: 2175055430

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awesome! Please post some shots when you get it :dance:

brownd

Rough_Rock

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would not think so. THe GIA report doesn't show if it's a white or black inclusion. I think if it were black, it would have shown on the video.

brownd

Rough_Rock
telephone89|1450219727|3961950 said:
I would not think so. THe GIA report doesn't show if it's a white or black inclusion. I think if it were black, it would have shown on the video.

That makes sense. It does show black in this (magnified) picture of the diamond, but that could be the camera lens I guess.

2175055430.jpg

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I see it in the magnified image, but didn't notice it whatsoever in the video. Are you in the USA? You can send it back if it bothers you.

brownd

Rough_Rock
telephone89|1450224929|3962010 said:
I see it in the magnified image, but didn't notice it whatsoever in the video. Are you in the USA? You can send it back if it bothers you.

I'm not in the USA. I think I'll just double check with GoG once more it's eye clean and leave it at that. Thanks for your help.

brownd

Rough_Rock
Ring arrived today from GoG, looks fantastic!! :dance: Awesome sparkle and could not see any inclusion at all!

This was my final purchase -
18k White Gold D.Vatche "Perfect Halo" Engagement Ring with 0.56cctw, containing a 1.30ct F SI1 Platinum Select Modern Cushion Diamond.

Will post some pics later today as promised :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results