shape
carat
color
clarity

Cushion Cut Diamonds

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Hello... I discovered this site while trying to find loose cushion cut diamonds...I am interested in a 1-2c cushion or squarish old mine cut as a center stone in a setting I want to have made. I think the cushion cut will work...or the old mine...the setting is flatish with no prongs. I want to look at loose cushions first to make sure...

does anyong know of a place in Boston are where i could do that

and also good on-line place for cusions

thanks di
read.gif

Stone searching

Rough_Rock
Diane,
You and I are in the same boat. I'm also looking for loose cushion cut diamonds (1-2c range) and I'm in Boston too!

I've found a couple of online places but I hesitate buying without seeing them first. Try icestore.com. Plus, I've heard that cushion cuts rarely go by the book when it comes to the 4c's so its better to see them in person first.

Please let me now if you find out anything in our area.

/stephanie
read.gif

diane5006

Brilliant_Rock
HI...wow...a response after sooo long...:)

Let me give you an update on my search...

So I did find some cushions to look at in Boston...downtown...the name of the jeweler is escaping me at moment...ahhh EB Horn...the one I looked at was 1.62 I think G VS2...it was 10K ...there are places on the net to get them...but I like to look first...

So in continuing my seach adn trying to find what too look for in a good cushion...its not easy...I still don't know...but I found out about a newish cut called Regent...it is a cushion-type cut but wiht H and A symetry and they look really cool...unfortunaltely there is no retailer for them in Boston...the closest retailer to us is in NY (long Island) Good Old Gold...I have been working with them and they have been great...and am planning a road trip down there wiht my BF...YEAH also they are limited in there sizes...not many in the the 1.5 or greater range..they (they cutter just got some in..but they need to go to GIA first)

to look at these on their web page try this link

http://www.goodoldgold.com/regent.htm

if this does not work go to www.goodoldgold.com then click on the 'for sale' icon at the top...then click on 'fancy shapes' icon on side then the Regent icon..

That being said there are other cushiony type out there...

the flanders kind of squarey but nice
the lucere kind of aschery,,,nice
and the cushette...you cna google that one...the name doesn't really work for but they look nice

Hope this helps

diane

Iceman

Brilliant_Rock
http://www.midwestgems.com/oldmine20.html

Here is some more info on Old Mine cuts

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results