shape
carat
color
clarity

Cushion cut diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

akraushaar

Rough_Rock
I am looking at a 2.72 cushion cut diamond that is an estate piece. It is I color and SI clarity. Can you trust estate pieces I have heard some horror stories. What should this be worth?

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
Not enough data to compute an opinion. For that you'd need data along the following lines:

SI1 or SI2
Who graded the stone
Measurements and proportions
-Length, width & depth
-Table size
-Crown height
-Pavilion depth
-Size of culet
-Symmetry & polish
Fluorescence
Size, location, color & nature of inclusions
Nature of mounting
-Metal
-Level of manufacture & workmanship
-Signed or unsigned origin
-Weight
-Condition
-Accent stones

And a picture is always very helpful.

Being a 2.72, I'm sure it's not a cheap purchase, and the seller should be more than happy to supply much of the above information to a seriously interested buyer.

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
-----------
Can you trust estate pieces I have heard some horror stories.
-----------

It's not the estate piece you can't trust. It is what it is.

The integrity and reputation of the vendor is always a factor in deciding if you're getting a fair deal. Reputable dealers of high integrity usually try to make sure their clients don't overpay. They want repeat business and good things said about them.

In a reputable auction situation, the same philosophy basically exists, but more responsibility exists with the buyer to check out the piece he is bidding on. Auctioneers aren't usually experts in all the different items they handle, and they just don't have the time and expertise to thoroughly check out everything they're auctioning.

Investigate is the key word. Study, research and compare. Ask lots of questions, both of the seller and outside individuals with no stake in the matter.

akraushaar

Rough_Rock
----------------
On 7/4/2003 9:24:49 AM Richard Sherwood wrote:

Not enough data to compute an opinion. For that you'd need data along the following lines:

SI1 or SI2
Who graded the stone
Measurements and proportions
-Length, width & depth
-Table size
-Crown height
-Pavilion depth
-Size of culet
-Symmetry & polish
Fluorescence
Size, location, color & nature of inclusions
Nature of mounting
-Metal
-Level of manufacture & workmanship
-Signed or unsigned origin
-Weight
-Condition
-Accent stones

And a picture is always very helpful.

Being a 2.72, I'm sure it's not a cheap purchase, and the seller should be more than happy to supply much of the above information to a seriously interested buyer.

----------------
How about a 3.19 Cushion cut dimensions 11.18x8.48x4.37
SI2 color D
51.50 Depth
Table 63.00
crown 13.30
pavillion 33.50
girdle very thin to sl thick
culet none
polish and symmetry good

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results