shape
carat
color
clarity

Cushion Cut advice. Please lend some knowledge

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jcu1276

Rough_Rock
I am interested in a cushion cut diamond. I was curious what are the measurements that would constitude an excellent cut diamond. Here is a cushion cut I found. Is it good ?? What is the price range I would be looking at? Any advice would be appreciated.
[*]

Report Type: GIA Diamond Grading Report

Date of Issue: March 30, 2006

Cushion Modified Brilliant

Measurements: 7.36 x 6.44 x 4.64 mm

Carat Weight: 1.70

Color Grade: D

Clarity Grade: SI2

Proportions:

Depth: 72.0 %

Table: 64 %

Girdle: Medium to Extremely Thick, Faceted

Culet: None

Finish:

Polish: Very Good

Symmetry: Good

Fluorescence: None

1.gif

anacgarcia

Shiny_Rock
is it eye clean? what''s the price?

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Cushions are about visuality...
Its about taste preference...

Here on PS, you can find amazing information on this subject, so good reading.

My suggestion to you is to first set your mind on what kind of cushion you would like to own:
Modern cut vs. Antique/Vintage Type...

Possibilities are endless.....

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is hard to say with cushions as DiaGem says, the possibilities are endless. See if this diamond is eyeclean as it is a large diamond and an SI2, then you can check the report to see what type of faceting pattern it has to see if it is the type of cushion you want. Also see if the vendor can send you a picture to give you an idea of how it looks in actuality. Tricky to know with numbers with cushions, see what your eyes think where possible.

jcu1276

Rough_Rock
Thank you for the info everyone. Very helpful. The diamond is all the way in New York and I am in California. I might go to the diamond district this week.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results