shape
carat
color
clarity

Cushion Curious? - Stones for men''s rings

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

texirish

Rough_Rock
So this is all a long way off as I''m just proposing in a few weeks and we won''t be getting married until Spring of ''11, but all this looking a diamonds and rings for her has already got me jealous and thinking about what mine will be!
9.gif

I definitely want a diamond center stone, and then I''m 90% sure I''ll have (probably 2) ruby accent stones. I think it will still be a normal looking "band" ring, with the stones set down into the band, not a tension set or a setting that has a plateau for the main stone. But I''m not sure what kind of main stone I want... I really like the fire and brilliance of RB''s so I don''t really want a princess cut, but the fancy cuts do interest me. I''ve been looking some at cushions and think maybe they would be a neat way to go.

I don''t think I''d want a HUGE rock for a mans ring, but I don''t really know what size would be "just right". Thoughts on stones for men''s rings in general and other options that are different from the std RB but still have that fire to them? Just curious and I thought it would be interesting to see if anyone has some pics of mens rings with cushions or other fancy cut diamonds.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Have you looked at the men''s rings eye candy folder over in Show Me The Ring? I think that RBs looks best when hammer set like you are describing.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/18/2010 12:00:24 AM
Author:texirish
So this is all a long way off as I''m just proposing in a few weeks and we won''t be getting married until Spring of ''11, but all this looking a diamonds and rings for her has already got me jealous and thinking about what mine will be!
9.gif

I definitely want a diamond center stone, and then I''m 90% sure I''ll have (probably 2) ruby accent stones. I think it will still be a normal looking ''band'' ring, with the stones set down into the band, not a tension set or a setting that has a plateau for the main stone. But I''m not sure what kind of main stone I want... I really like the fire and brilliance of RB''s so I don''t really want a princess cut, but the fancy cuts do interest me. I''ve been looking some at cushions and think maybe they would be a neat way to go.

I don''t think I''d want a HUGE rock for a mans ring, but I don''t really know what size would be ''just right''. Thoughts on stones for men''s rings in general and other options that are different from the std RB but still have that fire to them? Just curious and I thought it would be interesting to see if anyone has some pics of mens rings with cushions or other fancy cut diamonds.
Hi Tex

I think you SHOULD get yourself a diamond ring!!! Personally I love the Octavia ( Kenny just bought one) from GOG or the August Vintage Cushions, but a round would work too if that is what you prefer.

I think a man can carry a large stone quite easily, so I would look at some in person, maybe around a carat or larger.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results