shape
carat
color
clarity

Cushion Brilliant - Bracelet Project

Sheherizaad

Shiny_Rock
Hi guys!

I need your help again. Long story short, bought a pendant from jeweler, but rarely ever wear necklaces. Wanted diamond studs. Couldn't afford the diamond studs I really wanted (2 carat total weight range - cushion shaped), so instead I opted for one cushion instead to make into a bracelet to kinda sorta match my ring (see my avatar). I've already bought the stone. Here are the GIA specs:

GIA Certified - Cushion Brilliant (Elongated)
.75cts
I - VS2
58% Table
69.4% Depth
5.63 x 5.16 x 3.58mm
Medium Blue Fluorescence

So now my question to you folks is I have five options (see pic below). Please let me know which of them you would choose and why? Or if you have any other ideas, please feel free to post them too!

Bracelets.JPG

Sheherizaad

Shiny_Rock
Oh dear. Pic came out very small. Let's try this again!

Bracelets 2.JPG

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cool, I like your ideas....I like option 1 and 5. I'm thinking maybe 5 the best with all bezeled stones.

Sheherizaad

Shiny_Rock
Thanks TYTY!! I want it to blend really well with my engagement ring, but I don't necessarily want it to be matchy matchy. The only things I like to match exactly are solitaires.

In every option other than 1, they will all be very, very clean and bezeled and open basket design. Maybe I'll do millgrain? I'm not sure. The choices are making me dizzy...lol.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I like #5 as well as was also going to suggest bezeled...maybe with milgrain too? I'm a milgrain freak!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I prefer the clean lines and simplicity of design #2. Some of the others start to look like the set up for rectangular faced WATCHES. (The diamond details near the main stone). And I think a halo on a bracelet stone would take it to a "too dressy" place and could possibly start to look *fashion jewelry*esque.

Have you considered two strands of bracelet chain? Either graduating to a single point in the back at the clasp --- OR --- continuing in parallel to each other the width of your stone & meeting two metal bars at the back (ALSO the width of your stone) that would attach to a clasp.

LGK

Ideal_Rock
I have a cushion cut bracelet, that's a 1.5 ct AVC with a bezel on a chain. It flips *constantly*, both the stone and then the bracelet. All the time. It's always upside down, and underneath my wrist. So it looks like I wear a plain rose gold chain on my wrist :rolleyes:. Super irritating. (I'll reset it someday but with metal so freaking high, not right now!)

Just something to consider in your design process. Not sure if a .75 would be as annoying as my stone, but it could well be.

ETA: Whatever you do, make the bracelet as absolutely small as possible. The less play in the chain, the less time it'll spend on the underside of your wrist. I wish I'd gotten mine even smaller than I did.

Sheherizaad

Shiny_Rock
decodelighted|1311711462|2977261 said:
I prefer the clean lines and simplicity of design #2. Some of the others start to look like the set up for rectangular faced WATCHES. (The diamond details near the main stone). And I think a halo on a bracelet stone would take it to a "too dressy" place and could possibly start to look *fashion jewelry*esque.

Have you considered two strands of bracelet chain? Either graduating to a single point in the back at the clasp --- OR --- continuing in parallel to each other the width of your stone & meeting two metal bars at the back (ALSO the width of your stone) that would attach to a clasp.

I understand what you mean about the fashion jewelry piece, and that is a concern and definitely something to consider. I get a lot of "Is that thing real??!!" with my engagement ring so I'm hoping the bracelet doesn't just make it worse. :rolleyes:

I considered the double strands but that's more money and I'd rather put the money towards the stones since those prices are going up at a higher percentage than the gold.

Thank you for your input!

Sheherizaad

Shiny_Rock
LGK|1311714581|2977311 said:
I have a cushion cut bracelet, that's a 1.5 ct AVC with a bezel on a chain. It flips *constantly*, both the stone and then the bracelet. All the time. It's always upside down, and underneath my wrist. So it looks like I wear a plain rose gold chain on my wrist :rolleyes:. Super irritating. (I'll reset it someday but with metal so freaking high, not right now!)

Just something to consider in your design process. Not sure if a .75 would be as annoying as my stone, but it could well be.

ETA: Whatever you do, make the bracelet as absolutely small as possible. The less play in the chain, the less time it'll spend on the underside of your wrist. I wish I'd gotten mine even smaller than I did.

I am very concerned about the flipping and thought perhaps if i made it just a little tighter it wouldn't flip as much? I guess that's not such a hot solution then...lol. What about the diamonds? Do they get dirty a lot (because of the open cutlet, etc)?

Sheherizaad

Shiny_Rock
yennyfire|1311708257|2977227 said:
I like #5 as well as was also going to suggest bezeled...maybe with milgrain too? I'm a milgrain freak!

I love clean lines but something about milgrain just makes me sigh....lol. :love:

LGK

Ideal_Rock
Sheherizaad|1311717712|2977359 said:
LGK|1311714581|2977311 said:

I am very concerned about the flipping and thought perhaps if i made it just a little tighter it wouldn't flip as much? I guess that's not such a hot solution then...lol. What about the diamonds? Do they get dirty a lot (because of the open cutlet, etc)?
Horrifically dirty! You can spend alllll day long wiping it off and it still gets grubby in about five minutes flat- that open pavilion sitting right on your skin does it. I considered getting an enclosed pavilion design but BG thought it'd flip even more.

I have mine pretty snug to the wrist- definitely try to get yours as small as you can stand it. It does help the travelling-to-the-underside-of-the-wrist issue. Some. Eventually it'll make it's way around, but not as quick as it would with a looser chain.

I *wish* it was a more wearable design. When it's clean, facing up, and rightside up it's a beautiful look- mine is a rose gold bezel & chain, so it looks like the stone kind of floats on my wrist, it's quite subtle and really cool. But, a giant pain to keep looking nice! You'll definitely have to fiddle, and fiddle, and fiddle with it- I compulsively wipe it off on my clothes about a thousand times a day, pretty much. I do think that a smaller stone, like yours, would flip somewhat less than mine, but it'll still get grubby super quick. A *really* good cut helps- it'll still sparkle some, even filthy.

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
They will certainly all be beautiful, but I'd choose #5....you'll have a lot of bling in the middle and bling all around. :love:

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
I like the last design, I think that would make one gorgeous bracelet!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
A *bangle* wouldn't flip!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results