shape
carat
color
clarity

Curved W-Band with Channel Set Baguettes?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Bunnifer

Shiny_Rock
http://www.pricescope.com/idealbb/files/ChannelFlashWed.jpg
http://www.pricescope.com/idealbb/files/ChannelFlashWed.jpg

I hope the pictures attach...

Anyways, I am thinking about getting a curved wedding band like the WF one pictured. However, I was wondering if it would be possible to replace the RBs with baguettes? Will the shape of the baguettes work with a curved band? Does anyone have pictures of a band that looks like what I'm describing?

Thanks.
35.gif

ETA..OK the pics aren't attaching...I'm working on it...

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
you''d have little triangular spaces...?

Bunnifer

Shiny_Rock
OK it''s actually a Vatche band for their X prong setting...a pic is attached.

JulieN, what do you mean about triangular spaces?

curvedvatche.jpg

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
with baguettes

Bunnifer

Shiny_Rock
Are you saying there will be triangular spaces where the curve is? What about if there are princesses on the curve and baguettes on the "straightaways"?

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
the beauty of using right angled shapes in channel settings is not having gaps.

you have a curved channel, you will have gaps. might as well well go with rounds.

Bunnifer

Shiny_Rock
But I''ve been reading past threads where people subsituted the RBs with princesses...will this not work?

Link: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/princess-or-brilliant-cut-diamonds-in-wedding-band.19515/

njc

Brilliant_Rock
I agree that bagettes will make odd gaps, but it appears that Vatche does make a curved band with princess cuts and it doesnt seem to gap that bad. I would want to see it in person just to make sure though. I prefer princess cuts in channel set bands because I do not like the gaps RBs make. Link

218-aa.jpg

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
that one does not look curved to me. it is curved in depth, not width.

Bunnifer

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the link, njc! When I clicked on it to take a look at the curved princess bands you mentioned, I immediately found what I was looking for -- a channel set baguette band!!!
36.gif

208-pp-a.jpg

njc

Brilliant_Rock
JulieN - I think its just the angle of the pic. There is a pic of the set (Double X-prong) on the website that shows the curve more.

Bunnifer - I totally missed that one!!! Glad I posted the link, so you could find it. It looks a lot better than the picture I had in my head. You are going to love your curved band too... i have one and thinks its so cool to wear on its own. Just a little bit of funk!

Bunnifer

Shiny_Rock
Does anyone have suggestions for vendors other than Vatche who make curved wedding bands?

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 1/8/2007 9:15:07 AM
Author: Bunnifer
Thanks for the link, njc! When I clicked on it to take a look at the curved princess bands you mentioned, I immediately found what I was looking for -- a channel set baguette band!!!
36.gif

Vatche has the diamonds "trimmed" so that they fit together without gapping. They do it with their princess cuts too, if you removed the stones from the mounting you would find that the princess cuts where the curves are are wider at one end than the other, sort of a tapered princess as it were. This is expensive, but the result is well worth it.

Wink

Bunnifer

Shiny_Rock
I did notice that...how cool!

Do they have to be specifically "trimmed" like that? I ask only because I was thinking about having the baguette one custom made by WF or Quest...do you think the "trimming" will drive up the price?

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Yes, they must be cut to match the curve of the ring in order to look right. And yes, it definitely drives up the price.

Wink

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Custom cut baguettes are EXPENSIVE. Serious $$ difference. To give you an idea ... it drove up the cost of the baguette halo I once wanted by 100% from both of those vendors... and with Leon Mage by 150%. I would buy stock there if I could.

Bunnifer

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/8/2007 6:34:17 PM
Author: Gypsy
Custom cut baguettes are EXPENSIVE. Serious $$ difference. To give you an idea ... it drove up the cost of the baguette halo I once wanted by 100% from both of those vendors... and with Leon Mage by 150%. I would buy stock there if I could.

Thanks for the perspective, Gypsy! I had no idea it would DOUBLE the price of a custom project
6.gif

Has anyone seen a curved baguette band like the one above? Vatche can''t be the only ones to make a band like this....can they???
33.gif

DiamondSmitten

Shiny_Rock
Don''t give up all hope, my setting (1.16 ctw) with a custom baguette halo was 2100 and not at all a big difference from the pave''s my jeweler offered. The work is awesome. I have had rave reviews. If all is lost I would give him a call and send a picture of the vatche. I bet something could be worked out.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 1/8/2007 8:26:40 PM
Author: Bunnifer
Date: 1/8/2007 6:34:17 PM

Author: Gypsy

Thanks for the perspective, Gypsy! I had no idea it would DOUBLE the price of a custom project
6.gif

Has anyone seen a curved baguette band like the one above? Vatche can''t be the only ones to make a band like this....can they???
33.gif

Just curious, why do you not wish to work with Vatche?

Wink

Bunnifer

Shiny_Rock
Oh, it''s not that I don''t want to work with Vatche...I just believe in doing thorough research before I make a purchase.

I do love Vatche''s work but they are a bit pricey, so I was just wondering if I have other alternatives. If not, I will just have to pony up the
22.gif
22.gif
22.gif
but I''m hoping I don''t have to!
18.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results