shape
carat
color
clarity

Current jewelry trends that you LOVE.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just thought I'd flip the other post on it's head.

I love, love, love the rose gold trend. I haven't indulged in it yet, but it's only a matter of time. I don't like that it's called pink gold or *cringe* (I heard this the other day) "girl gold" (huh?). But I adore the look.

What do you love?

slg47

Ideal_Rock
also love rose gold :love: :love:

and, not sure if this is a trend but loving all of the 'old' cuts!

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
A good one! I was feeling persnickity earlier, but there's SO much to love out there ....

Off the top of my head:

- this new trend for clever, jokey, high-quality jewelry, a la Solange Azagury-Partridge, and on a lower level, St. Kilda Jewelry

- the fact that bezels are coming back into fashion

- high carat gold

- old cuts

More will occur to me. :mrgreen:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Asschers.
Old cuts.
Fancy Colored Diamonds.

I'm not sure if these are really trends, or just what I pay attention to.

coati

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Gold (yellow)-though some would argue that it is not trendy-just took a back seat to white metals for a bit.

Hammered and textural metal work and organic shapes

Rose cut diamonds (including opaque rose cut colored diamonds)

Thin sliced diamonds, which feature inclusions-especially when set with pave surround or heavy gold bezels

Anything by Irene Neuwirth. People balk at her pricing, but I love the aesthetic-as simple as it gets.

Late 60s-70s chunky gold revival. Double bezels and big (heavy) statement jewels.

Heavy gold chain-preferably textured with organic or links a la Yasuko Azuma, Gurhan etc.

Silver surge. Fine gems set in silver-a great compromise to ugh-worthy gold prices

Charms and monograms (vintage fonts)-there was a little signet ring push awhile back-adore them

The best trend is that jewelry is anything you want it to be. There are so many amalgamations of style that there really is something for every taste.

Did I mention gold? :))

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am loving warmer antique cuts, and rose gold :love:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Oxidized metals. Use of old coins in necklaces/bracelets. Unfaceted/polished gems that looks like "beads". Gems clusters ala Oscar Heyman.

Cuffs--but then again, I don't think they've ever been "out" of fashion.

cheers--Sharon

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Bezels! Like Circe, I love that they are back (or on their way back, at least). I can't get enough bezels!

Miss Sparkly

Brilliant_Rock
High carat yellow gold and I really want a nice princess di ring - as in real diamonds, real sapphire etc

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Rose gold

Stacking bands

That's probably about it...

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
I am in the midst of a huge obsession with weird/cute animal costume jewelry. I have these 1" owl earrings that are enameled with turquoise and purple and made out of silver. They were just a few dollars but I absolutely adore them. I saw a ginormous treefrog ring that I wanted so badly but couldn't find it in my size.

AmeliaG

Brilliant_Rock
Sparkly Blonde|1304988391|2916859 said:
I really want a nice princess di ring - as in real diamonds, real sapphire etc

I love, love, love that ring and I'm SO annoyed it's trendy now.

I love rose gold but I still don't see it much around here.

The one new 'trend?' I like (though I don't know if its popular enough to be a trend) is an Asscher set at a 45 degree angle. I think its called a tingle? It makes the stone look totally different from the normal position and I think its a neat look. But its probably too different to be a real trend. :bigsmile:

Miss Sparkly

Brilliant_Rock
AmeliaG|1304990415|2916898 said:
Sparkly Blonde|1304988391|2916859 said:
I really want a nice princess di ring - as in real diamonds, real sapphire etc

I love, love, love that ring and I'm SO annoyed it's trendy now.

I agree! I've been planning my ring and have the diamonds, the person I want to make the ring, but not the sapphire. Now I'm not sure if I want to go forward with the project or not ;(

Rose gold. I've loved it for a long time but never bought anything.... I have my eye on something though.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love all the old cuts and rose gold, too! But I think that may just be a trend on PS...I haven't seen anyone IRL with either!

wannaBMrsH

Brilliant_Rock
  • I am recently on the statement piece kick...I love the chunky necklaces especially by Amrita Singh and Anthropologie.
    Rose Gold, a couple of months ago bought two thin hammered bangles and I am waiting for ring I ordered from Etsy
    Turquoise - on chunkly necklaces and stacked bangles...I need some great earrings
    I don't care if it's fading again...I STILL want a DBTY necklace! I want! I want! I want!

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
Big watches, I love them.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
thing2of2|1304991422|2916919 said:
I love all the old cuts and rose gold, too! But I think that may just be a trend on PS...I haven't seen anyone IRL with either!
Me too! :cheeky:

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't know that it's a trend, but I am noticing and lu-hu-huuuving full eternity bands more now than ever :lickout: I love rose gold too, but used to work in a jewellers where about half a dozen of the girls there wore no other colour jewellery but rose gold. Not only diamond rings but big chunky rose gold bracelets and matching necklaces, AND bangles, AND watches... it was a bit much on one body. I much prefer the finer, more elegant and streamlined pieces I see from the lovely ladies here on PS!

I have a full eternity on my left hand that I wear with my wedding set and am contemplating a bigger one for my right hand, would that just be silly??? :loopy: I just can't decide on a style of RHR that I love more!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

I agree. It seems like a "trend" on PS, but in real life you never see it. This reminds me of when halos became common starting on PS back in 2004 or something! They are still very popular on PS, but in real life, you rarely see them except on celebrities.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dreamer_D|1304996904|2916992 said:

I agree. It seems like a "trend" on PS, but in real life you never see it. This reminds me of when halos became common starting on PS back in 2004 or something! They are still very popular on PS, but in real life, you rarely see them except on celebrities.
I see halos EVERYWHERE! Most of them are not nearly as beautiful as the halos we see on PS, but I see a lot of young women walking around with halo engagement rings.

My friend has a beautiful oval halo from my jeweler and a girl once said "Oh! You have a pincushion ring, I love those." I never heard that name for halos before, but now I always think of pincushions when I see them.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Haven|1304997393|2916998 said:

I see halos EVERYWHERE! Most of them are not nearly as beautiful as the halos we see on PS, but I see a lot of young women walking around with halo engagement rings.

My friend has a beautiful oval halo from my jeweler and a girl once said "Oh! You have a pincushion ring, I love those." I never heard that name for halos before, but now I always think of pincushions when I see them.

Huh...but pincushions have pins all over them, not just around them...I don't get it! :confused: Am I missing something because I'm not crafty at all? :cheeky:

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I see halos absolutely everywhere here as well. Today at Lowe's I saw everyone's favorite--the four stone princess-cut invisible-set encased in a square halo. :devil: I do enjoy a tastefully done halo so I'm not knocking that trend, I just see them everywhere.

I really like rose gold and higher carat richer yellow golds, too, and I'm liking that hammered/organic as well as simple/modern settings and styles are coming back.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
thing2of2|1304998568|2917011 said:

Huh...but pincushions have pins all over them, not just around them...I don't get it! :confused: Am I missing something because I'm not crafty at all? :cheeky:
:bigsmile: I think she called it a pincushion because it's as if the melee is stuck around the outside of the stone. OR, she could have thought that the entire ring was a bunch of melee stuck together, and that there wasn't a center stone at all. Now that I think about it, that actually seems like the most likely thing. Oh, snap! She was probably dissing on my friend's ring! :cheeky:

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Haven|1304998885|2917019 said:
thing2of2|1304998568|2917011 said:

:bigsmile: I think she called it a pincushion because it's as if the melee is stuck around the outside of the stone. OR, she could have thought that the entire ring was a bunch of melee stuck together, and that there wasn't a center stone at all. Now that I think about it, that actually seems like the most likely thing. Oh, snap! She was probably dissing on my friend's ring! :cheeky:

Oh, snap, indeed! :cheeky: That makes more sense, although I don't see how someone could mistake a haloed center stone for one of those pincushion rings!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
We were in a dark bar. Drinking.
Totally understandable. :bigsmile:

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Haven|1304999393|2917030 said:

See you were leaving out key parts of the story! Anything else you need to tell me?! :cheeky:

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
thing2of2|1304999551|2917034 said:
Haven|1304999393|2917030 said:

See you were leaving out key parts of the story! Anything else you need to tell me?! :cheeky:
:bigsmile:
Oh, there's so much I could share. Soooooo much. :cheeky:

I just don't have the time now, though--I'm about to take a walk with my nine-year-old nephew. I just bought him a new stroller and he is STOKED about riding in it. Gotta go try it out.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
High karat yellow gold
Rose gold
Old cuts
High karat yellow gold, rose gold, and old cuts :sun:
Wearing pieces of different gold colours together :bigsmile:
Bezel bracelets
Simpler pieces - I feel like we're seeing fewer pieces that are dripping in pave around here, and I like the trend toward the cleaner look

Again on PS - I'm *loving* the trend toward well-made specialty pieces. More people are splurging for spectacular workmanship, and there have been *so* many absolutely GORGEOUS new designs lately :love: :love: :love:

IRL - not seeing much of anything new. Still lots of mediocre halos, dull but gigantic princesses.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results