carat
color
clarity

Curprian Ring in the Works!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can't wait to see the finished ring.

Since I personally prefer low setting rings, I am not bothered about the gallery. However, I am interested to see which one Chrono would choose.

DK :))

GregS

Brilliant_Rock
Whatever you come up with will be stunning I'm sure. Your stone is incredible, it'd look good in anything.

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono it is going to be lovely! I love the droopy tip idea for a more realistic look!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so excited to see your project in the works. :love:

I also ordered some paraiba melee, from Yvonne. Mine was .09mm (the only size left by the time I got to her).
Unfortunately, I decided to send mine back because they were just too small and I didn't think I would be able to enjoy them like they deserve. :blackeye:

I hope you are happier with your melee because this is a great ring concept (thanks sparkliesluver for making everyone want what you now have. :drool: ).

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Oh, lordy, I don't have this kind of patience, :wall: Chrono, so I won't be helping.

But you know I'm a design dufus, :rodent: so no loss for you. :)

So really just wanted to pop in and say lovely stones, really stunning. :clap: :love:

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I forgot to add that I love this gallery. Is this the one you thought was uninspiring? I also think this ring would look so amazing in rose gold. I love that combo, but your cuprian would look amazing in either!

_667.png

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
I'm not into trillions and when you said you will double halo it I was thinking oh it'll be pretty, but you came up with a really gorgeous, femine design, this ring will be glamourous. :love:

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think this type of basket would keep the open bottom you want, bring in an element of nature and slight asymmetry which would flatter the shape and halo design without competing with the design

screenshot_2015-09-24-22-20-24_1.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The melees have arrived and the colour looks better than Yvonne's picture which is a good thing. I have inquired as to purchasing another 40 melees or so, which I hope is available, as I had another design inspiration last night. If this works, then the overall design is sealed and a done deal.

Thank you to all who have commented. Sorry I did not thank everyone individually but I am touched and very happy to read of your support and shared excitement!

tmelees.jpg

S

SparkliesLuver

I wore my ring today, elle, and I can't imagine the melee being .09mm. Mine are 1.5, so I can see how you'd feel they're too small. I'm sorry it didn't work out! I'm flattered and honored that my ring is serving as inspiration for others.

I truly hope your melee show up, pinkjewel. :(

I'm super happy your melee arrived, Chrono, and they're better in-person. How do they look with your stone? Oooo, it sounds like you're up to something with your quest for 40 more. :Up_to_something: I love it! Can't wait to find out.

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Can't wait to see your finished ring! The stone is gorgeous.

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Very exciting project! Looking forward to seeing more on this! :appl:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can't wait to hear more about your new design. :dance:
I'm glad the melee is working for you. It really is beautiful (and Yvonne is such a pleasure to work with).

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
Any updates, Chrono??????? :wavey:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
pinkjewel|1444232705|3935820 said:
And where's YOUR update? Did your melees ever arrive? ;))

I am awaiting the delivery of the second parcel of melees before mailing the package to DK. Minor changes made to the design which I am debating keeping it a secret until the big unveiling. :devil: :bigsmile:

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
Chrono|1444232974|3935822 said:
pinkjewel|1444232705|3935820 said:
And where's YOUR update? Did your melees ever arrive? ;))

I am awaiting the delivery of the second parcel of melees before mailing the package to DK. Minor changes made to the design which I am debating keeping it a secret until the big unveiling. :devil: :bigsmile:

I really didn't want to keep hijacking your thread- but yes they arrived safe and sound. =)
I may have to wait to work on my project- I just bought a very expensive shotgun ( I shoot Sporting Clays). Hubby has halted my spending for now :((

Well, maybe you can give us a tiny hint!!!! But if you want to wait for the big reveal I understand. :dance:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad your melees arrived safely. Are you happy with them?

A couple things I'm willing to share:
1. Either 18K rose gold or 14K rose gold, depending on David's recommendation (in case he thinks 18K is too soft).
2. White diamonds are out. I am replacing them with something else. :shhh:
3. Considering double halo-ing the cuprian melees if David thinks they are too small.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looking forward to see the adapted design and/or the end result!
RG will look smashing with the cuprian. Soooooo curious to see how you will replace the diamonds.

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
Chrono|1444233870|3935833 said:
Glad your melees arrived safely. Are you happy with them?

A couple things I'm willing to share:
1. Either 18K rose gold or 14K rose gold, depending on David's recommendation (in case he thinks 18K is too soft).
2. White diamonds are out. I am replacing them with something else. :shhh:
3. Considering double halo-ing the cuprian melees if David thinks they are too small.

Yes, I think they are pretty- but quite tiny. I had emailed Yvonne for a few more, but you cleaned her out. No problem, since I'm still not sure what I want to do with them.

Now about your ring- I like the 18kt rose gold idea and, let's see, if it were me I'd be replacing those white diamonds with pink diamonds. :Up_to_something:

I'll be interested to see whether David feels the Paraiba melee needs to be doubled.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You've hit on the same concerns I had; the melees are very tiny and I was worried they'd get lost in the halo, which is why I am wondering if I can double them up for slightly more presence. Sorry for buying up Yvonne's entire stock. :oops: And you are getting awfully close with the pink colouration suggestion. Pink FCDs will kill my budget so I am using a pink alternative. Since the cat is out of the bag, I might as well post the comparison pictures.

side_by_0.jpg

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
wow Chrono, I love it with the pink in the halo! It really makes the paraiba melee pop, especially since the melee are smaller than you were originally imagining. I think this version is even more gorgeous than the original! Can't wait to follow your progress with this!!!!! :appl: :appl:

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
Chrono|1444245150|3935930 said:
You've hit on the same concerns I had; the melees are very tiny and I was worried they'd get lost in the halo, which is why I am wondering if I can double them up for slightly more presence. Sorry for buying up Yvonne's entire stock. :oops: And you are getting awfully close with the pink colouration suggestion. Pink FCDs will kill my budget so I am using a pink alternative. Since the cat is out of the bag, I might as well post the comparison pictures.

LOVE it with the pink halo!! Since I had originally wanted the Paraiba melee last year (when I couldn't find any!!) to halo one of my pink diamonds I already knew how pretty the color combo is together. So pink sapphires? or maybe spinels?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, Lovedogs and PinkJewel. I am going with pale pink sapphires because I think they might be easier to source.

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
Chrono|1444246114|3935945 said:
Thank you, Lovedogs and PinkJewel. I am going with pale pink sapphires because I think they might be easier to source.
perfect!!! It will be beautiful!!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous with the pink in the halo design :love:
I like!!!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My vote goes to pink melees next to the centre stone. :bigsmile:

For my own copper-bearing tourmaline flower ring that I plan to have some time in the future, I am going to have pink sapphire petals with a cabochon tourmaline sitting in the middle.

DK :))

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Perfect choice to halo with pink stones. :appl: :appl: :appl:

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Following with eager anticipation of another killer cuprian outcome :)

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results