shape
carat
color
clarity

curious about value

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Matt

Rough_Rock
I recently inherited a flawless diamond ring w/ paper work. My dad bought it in 1970 in Amsterdam from A.Van Moppes & Zoon. The ring is a white gold setting with a 0.98 white perfect brilliant cut diamond surrounded by a total of 12 diamonds (6 brilliant cut-6 baguette cut) with a total wt. of 1.48. Please tell me what would be a fair price for this ring. On a brittish web site it quoted a flawless 1 ct. diamond at $42,000 so would the .98 be in this ballpark range? Thank you for any Ideas or advice on this subject. --Matt

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Matt, you can find plenty of GIA graded 1 carat, D color, IF clarity diamonds for about $15,000 - $17,000

Matt

Rough_Rock
I'M REALLY CURIOUS AS TO WHAT i SHOULD EXPECT TO GET FOR THIS RING.--mATT

trichrome

Shiny_Rock
Matt,

Remember that nobody will buy you that diamond ring at the
price they could or you could buy it at the present time.
Maybe you'll get 60-70% of the actual price.

Trichrome.

Matt

Rough_Rock
thanks, I just don't have any experience with diamonds and want to get a fair price for the .98 diamond as well as the 12 (1.48 ct wt.) that surround it; and the white gold setting has to be worth something too. Thanks again for all the good advice; this is just a big decision for me and i want to research it, and I figured this is the best was.==Matt

trichrome

Shiny_Rock
Matt,

Why don't you keep the ring? You'll be able to pass the diamonds
to your kids at one moment or the other!

Trichrome.

Matt

Rough_Rock
I'm going to school now and need a car, in a few years I'll have a degree and will buy new diamonds.

Matt

Rough_Rock
does any one else konw the value of a .98 white flawless diamond? and how much I should expect to get for it from a jewler?

Sierra Nevada

Rough_Rock
You usually will not get a very good price from a Jewelry store, if they will buy from you at all. Pawn Shops are even worse. You will probably make the most money by selling through the newspaper, on Ebay, or to an interested friend.

Get a professional appraisal done if you really want to know how much it's worth, get GIA or AGS papers if you want to get top dollar since buyers will pay more for those diamonds, and you then can try to get 60%-70% or so of retail value.

No one here can tell you what this stone is worth. We don't know the details of it's cut, clarity, color and setting, all of which effect it's value- anyone here would just be guessing and that is useless - so you need to do your legwork if you are serious about selling it.

Matt

Rough_Rock
I went to a jewler today and he offered me $1,000 for the brilliant cut d- clarity IF .98 diamond! Does any one know a honest jewler/diamond buyer-wholesaler in the Mami area?

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi Matt,
I can attest to telling you that you might get 30-50% on your ring. Its not nearly worth as much to someone else as it does to you. I sold my old e-ring a few mths ago & I was in the same boat. I know that Diamond Brokers of Florida (diamondbrokersofflorida.com) are in Florida but not sure where Melbourne is relation to Miami. There is another poster, a vendor, that is from Florida but I forgot who that is right at this moment.

Good luck,
Judy
:)

Matt

Rough_Rock
thank you Judy, I appreciate your help.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results