shape
carat
color
clarity

Curious about an old ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pearlca

Rough_Rock
My grandmother gave me her engagement ring and wedding band, I am curious to know if anyone can tell me anything about them by my description of them. Im not sure how old they are or if it was her original set or a later set that my grandpa gave her.

They are kind of small. They go together as a set they have the same markings and designs on them. They are 10k white gold. The main center setting is cut square but the very small diamond in the center is round with designs around it in the gold makes it look like a star (north star). it has two smaller diamonds on the sides with tiny small holes like the settings had come out but i think its actually meant to look this way because the diamonds have the star design around them. The band is the same. That center square is raised up a lil bit.

The band is narrow with four diamonds and one small hole around each of the diamonds is the star design. The band is squared off and dips in on the sides to fit the engagement ring.

The diamonds in both rings are very small but they are all very clear and very shiny. One the inside of both rings it is marked 10k and they have the word Happiness engraved or stamped in them.

Can anyone tell me anything about this possibly the style or anything. They seem very unique I have never seen any like them before. Thanks for your help.

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
Could you get us a picture? I can't really picture what you are describing. I'm not good with the mental imagery. But they sound very unique and pretty.

Melissa

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Oh, the rings do sound lovely! But I can't quite picture what you mean, either. (I'm a Visual Girl, I guess!) But if you can post photos, I'm sure you'll get the answers to your questions!

Lynn

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
I think I know the style you are describing, but I'm not sure what era they were from, the 1940s maybe. can you post a pic somehow?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results