shape
carat
color
clarity

Cure for Snoring

Razz

Rough_Rock
Can anyone tell me what has worked for them when it comes to stopping someone from snoring? I know there is a host of stuff to try but I would like to know what has actually worked for others.

Luxxy

Rough_Rock
I know that being overweight is one major cause of snoring, and so I would suggest getting into shape and then see if that doesn't solve the problem.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd start by getting a sleep study to see what the problem is. Lots of places offer them with a doctor's referral for around $150-$200. Then you'll know if it's apnea or a soft tissue issue, and whether a mouth guard or a CPAP machine would be the most helpful. My DH snores terribly and did this. He has a mouth guard now that has cut this down to virtually nothing. But it doesn't work with apnea so you have to get diagnosed first. (The soft palette issue isn't related to weight, but apnea can be).

Razz

Rough_Rock
First time I'm hearing about this Sleep Study. Thanks for the information. I will definitely make sure that I find out more about it and I really hope that helps to take care of the problem.

vickiecoburn

Rough_Rock
Changing lifestyle helps to stop snoring. One can change sleep position, lose weight, Open Nasal Passages, stay hydrated, Practice Good Sleep Hygiene.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lots of thin people snore too. A dentist can make a "snore guard" that is very effective but make sure you have a sleep study first.

Landen

Rough_Rock
Can anyone tell me what has worked for them when it comes to stopping someone from snoring? I know there is a host of stuff to try but I would like to know what has actually worked for others.
I think it is very individually. However, the most effective method is to change sleep position (in most cases this will help for some time).

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You need to open the airway. Both a Cpap and a dental device will open it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results