shape
carat
color
clarity

culet?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Sheetal

Rough_Rock
what does it mean when the culet is pointed? Is it a bad thing? Also, I'm torn between two stones.
1. 1.34 G SI1 61.9 Depth, 59 Table, Very good polish and symmetry, faint florecense, crown 14%, pavillion 44%, pointed culet.2. 1.39 G SI1 60.2 D, 59 T, Good p+s, no Flor., crown 13.3, pav. 44.5, No culet.Both stones have inclusions around the facet so they are not visible. Both are EGL. If anyone has any input about this let me know.

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
Also, be aware that had these stones been graded by GIA or AGS it is possible that the color and clarity grades would be graded a couple of grades lower. This could affect the look and the price. lawmax

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Sheetal,Pointed culet is in between None and Very Small. Culet size shouldn't bother you, as far it isn't Large.Visible with naked eye inclusions at SI1 clarity might be a problem and result of not very strict EGL report.As for proportions, the second stone has deeper pavilion and might be a bit less brilliant and fiery. However you have to see and compare them yourself.The first one has better polysh and symetry. How about girdle? Price?

Sheetal

Rough_Rock
HI,
The girdle is thin to medium faceted on the 1.34 and price is around 6300. This stone is from DCD. Michele says that it is a clean SI1 and the cutter told her that it is a good G color, whatever that means. I guess I won't know till I see it but I do have 5 days to find that out.-Sheetal

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
It might be a lovely stone. AGS ideal, same size color and clarity, would cost you some 1K more...So if you'll like the stone your only task should be to make sure that it matches its grading report within 5 days.Keep us updated how it'll work out
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results