shape
carat
color
clarity

Culet left open

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
When the culet is left open or as diamond rough what is that termed if on a report - is it given a measurement or is it none?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey Leonid...

Is it possible to run a report to find out how many of Pyramid's 327 posts were about a) girdles and b) culets ?

Just curious!!!
11.gif

9.gif
12.gif

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What happens to the mains facet points in the culet is left open are they cut off short or what?

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay, I won't be back.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okeedoky. No offence taken. I will try not to ask stupid questions.
loopy.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Awww Pyramid, we love having a fledgling resident culet and girdle expert. Just teasing.

Curious...do you have a big book with all this newly learned info? There will be a test at the end of the course!!
6.gif

2.gif

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yip. All set Mara.
appl.gif

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Don't know what to do on Diamcalc. It is downloaded but culet just looks like a dot.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Richard Sherwood, I see now that the facets are just cut off at the tips which then becomes the culet.

The stone I have has a round not octagon shaped white dot which reflects into the crown facets when looking with a loupe through the bezel facet. As Barry said it may be the diamond rough I am seeing. It looks sort of like pinpoints. I don't know why they did not polish the culet unless as Barry said to save rough. Would it be because my diamond is not certificated that they did not bother to polish this. I have also noticed five stones in a chain store who have the same when looking at them with a loupe.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results