shape
carat
color
clarity

Crystals and clouds will this antique asscher be eye clean?

therainbowradish

Shiny_Rock
Trade

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Re: Crystals and clouds will this be eye clean?

You might try googling the GIA report number. There might be a vendor listing it that has images online.

Because of the size of the stone, I am guessing it won't be technically eye-clean with all those small crystals. But there also aren't any that are likely to jump out under casual observation. So clarity might not be a problem for you, depending on your personal tolerance. It is likely to be a stone that dealers sometimes refer to as very eye-cleanish :wink2:

The cloud features are very small and you probably won't see those, and they will not negatively impact light performance.

therainbowradish

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Re: Crystals and clouds will this antique asscher be eye cle

Thanks! All 3 vendors that advertise it (WF is one of them!) only show stock images and I didn't find anything with a Google search. Darn.

I hope you are right about eye cleanish!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

You vendor can screen it for you. They can call the person who has it and ask if it is eyeclean. Or ask for an image. I suggest that should be your next step. Of course, given that you have no pictures, the stone could be a barking dog and the clarity irrelevant.

therainbowradish

Shiny_Rock
Trade

Thanks! I decided to work with Jonathan at GOG. I have finally committed to getting an Emerald Cut and I appreciate lots of hand holding and screening help which he will provide since he is an expert. The stone has been called in with a variety of other options which I will get to see tomorrow - the wholesaler told them that this stone was eye-clean but who knows if they are just trying to sell a diamond. My only concern is that GOG prices are sometimes up to $1000 more than I see listed at other vendors. Is there a polite way to negotiate with diamonds? Or do you just accept their asking price? I certain appreciate all of GOG's help - so I guess you pay a little more for that luxury? Help me not look like an idiot lol

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

Yes. You pay more for excellent service, all the scans and screening, and all the extra information they provide you. Time is money. A drop shipper like BN spends next to no time on their stone selections. GOG spends a lot of time on each customer.

It's like shopping at Nordstroms. And they do not negotiate.

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

I have had GOG call in diamonds for me before and their price is higher than other vendors where I found the diamond. But it's worth it as I love the reports and the little short video where he inspects the diamond. Besides, a $1 extra upgrade policy is more consumer friendly and their cs is excellent. So it really boils down to what you want out of it. Can't wait to see your new rock. ;))

therainbowradish

Shiny_Rock
Trade

Thanks so much for helping me not look like a dumb dumb :lol: I know I'm in excellent hands with Jonathan and can't wait to see what he got in tomorrow! The anticipation may do me in

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade

therainbowradish|1453434587|3979511 said:
Thanks! I decided to work with Jonathan at GOG. I have finally committed to getting an Emerald Cut and I appreciate lots of hand holding and screening help which he will provide since he is an expert. The stone has been called in with a variety of other options which I will get to see tomorrow - the wholesaler told them that this stone was eye-clean but who knows if they are just trying to sell a diamond. My only concern is that GOG prices are sometimes up to $1000 more than I see listed at other vendors. Is there a polite way to negotiate with diamonds? Or do you just accept their asking price? I certain appreciate all of GOG's help - so I guess you pay a little more for that luxury? Help me not look like an idiot lol
Rainbow,
I would not look at it as a luxury. It is super important for a diamond you are considering for purchase to be fully analyzed by the merchant providing it. Not only will you get the benefit of knowing everything about your diamond, you will have all the benefits that are rolled into the purchase and the representations made about the diamond all in a very accountable package.

There are thousands of merchants selling virtual diamonds that they don't own. As you pointed out, the diamond in the original post is also listed by my company (I did not realize that at the time I posted :oops: ), but only a handful of merchants would provide the analytics and expertise that you will be getting.

therainbowradish

Shiny_Rock
Trade

Bryan, you are so right. I guess I meant, paying a little more for a comprehensive evaluation vs a drop shipper. I actually didn't realize WF was a vendor of the stone until I googled the GIA number like you suggested so no worries! Although I do see 3 other vendors, including WF with much lower prices on this stone so I am hoping that GOG may price match if we choose this one (I know you can't comment on prices) :) eager to finally be done with this search after the marquise fiasco

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results