shape
carat
color
clarity

Crying friend Part Two

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/16/2009 12:52:46 AM
Author: soontowed
I''m glad you girls support me in my decision to not include her at all in the wedding. It would just make me uncomfortable at this point.

At least I''m going to save a lot of money: I was going to pay for her plane ticket and hotel for the bachelorette party. More money for a cute outfit!
WOAH! You are a class act. She''s not. Don''t feel bad about it at all, and buy yourself or your FI something nice!

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/16/2009 11:53:07 AM
Author: tlh

Date: 9/16/2009 12:52:46 AM
Author: soontowed
I''m glad you girls support me in my decision to not include her at all in the wedding. It would just make me uncomfortable at this point.

At least I''m going to save a lot of money: I was going to pay for her plane ticket and hotel for the bachelorette party. More money for a cute outfit!
WOAH! You are a class act. She''s not. Don''t feel bad about it at all, and buy yourself or your FI something nice!

DITTO! You are a true friend--she has shown over and over again in this process not to be. Go pick yourself out something new!
10.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/15/2009 6:23:30 PM
Author: Keepingthefaith21
Anyone who manipulates other people through their child isn''t a very high caliber person IMHO.

I am in complete agreement with the others: at least you got rid of this bad apple before it had time to ruin the whole bunch!

And as for people who publically bash people on places like FB - that''s simply pathetic. FB and it''s passive agressive tendencies aggrivates me. It''s amazing how willing people are to bash people via status updates but how unwilling they are to have an adult conversation addressing the issue.
36.gif

I almost want to post this as my status update.
9.gif

blackbetty

Shiny_Rock
Remove her from your wedding party. IMMEDIATELY. Also uninvite her from the wedding before she finds new ways to try to ruin your day.

If she gives you any flack, remind her that you can, in fact, READ and know what she wrote on Facebook, then suggest it''s for the best so she can be there to hold her daughter''s hand through the devestation she''ll feel at not going. Cuz we all know how much 3 years olds like formal dinners.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Definitely agree with everyone else-ditch her from your wedding. I can''t believe that she''d badmouth you on a website!

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
What a baby. Problem solved - she''s out!

pjean

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/15/2009 4:22:50 PM
Author: sonnyjane
I''m sorry she did this, but this is NOT your fault in any way. You should update your invitation to say ''No children, or adults that choose to act like children, are invited'' ;-) You don''t need this drama! Choose to surround yourself with happy, supportive people on your special day!

That would be awesome!
6.gif

I''m so sorry about all of this. I agree with the posters who say that if they see this kind of badmouthing on fb, they know who''s really responsible.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/15/2009 12:46:54 PM
Author: tlh
Okay. Wow, rose tinted glasses are off.

Your friend is a selfish little brat... and I would not budge. My post from your previous thread does not apply (my friend who lost a friendship due to the no kids rule has been a bride-zilla for awhile now, complete with sound effects... and there is more than just this to that one piece of the story. Complete with only asking 'pretty people' over real close friends to be in the wedding party because of who would compliment her photos best... But again it does not apply.) I don't think you are being ridiculous at all. She MIGHT have been a friend in the past, but weddings sometimes do that... they put a spot light directly on who your true friends are. Really weeds them out, pinpoints the jealous girls who were only your bar night buddies, or the you makes me feel better about my life because I'm better/thinner/smarter/prettier/richer/happier than yous, or the I only call you when I need somethings... yeah, it really makes you re-evaluate your friendships. This one sounds like she belongs in the BAD EGG pile.

The bashing of you on a public forum where you don't have annoymity is RIDICULOUS! Airing dirty laundry on a one way communication. NOT COOL. Passive aggressive, and everyone knows a 3 year old only knows to be continually heartbroken if she is getting the cues from mommy. Think about when a kid falls down. MOst of the time they are fine.. and will get up and brush themselves off... but if they look up and you look horrified, gasp, run over and immediately go omg omg are you OKAY! they will begin to cry... because they are reading from you waht they are expected to do. She has day care taken care of, and her child will not be heartbroken. She is being selfish. You don't need to apologise, you need to call her up, tell her you noticed her Facebooking and that you really don't appreciate this backlash, on such a happy event in your life. And honestly, her lack of support for you in this time, really had made you think about including her as a bridesmaid, and perhaps it would be best if she steps down.

she sounds toxic... not someone that will be there for you in 5, 10, 15 years. So why wait, rid your life of her pettiness, selfishness - and move on. You have a network of loving and supportive friends and family - they should be there on your special day. Not people like this. ((HUGS!))

well said!

this girl is toxic.. it is YOUR day not hers and I honestly don't think her daughter cares more about this day then christmas.. her mom sounds like a manipulative B****....

toss her out of your wedding entirely and enjoy your day with people who truly want to celebrate this happy time for and with you!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results