shape
carat
color
clarity

Crown percentage question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

typicalguy

Rough_Rock
Am I correct in assuming that a certain crown angle for one diamond does not mean the same thing for another diamond?

i.e. Let''s say you have two radiants and one has a crown angle of 34 degrees, which translates to 11.7%. By just knowing that another radiant (having generally the same depth) has a crown angle of 31 degrees, does that mean that the crown percentage will be lower than 11.7%?

Am I way off here?

Thanks!

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
It all depends on how big the table facet is. You could have a scenario where the crown angle is shallower, but the table is correspondingly smaller, therefore the crown height remains the same.

If the table size were to remain same, then a decreasing crown angle means you would have a decreasing crown height.

niceice

Brilliant_Rock
Base your selection process on the crown and pavilion angle measurements and not the percent measurements because the Sarin and OGI machines actually measure the crown and pavilion angle measurements and estimate the percentages based on those values... Thus the angles are going to be a more accurate (real) measurement than the percent... As for your initial question, Richard answered it...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results