shape
carat
color
clarity

Crown & Pavilion Angles

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

hunt

Rough_Rock
I''ve read many, many posts regarding these angles, mainly how the GIA cert does not list them, AGS does. How as an online buyer can you be sure to get a truly ideal cut if you don''t have these crucial measurements shown on a GIA cert? I understand about the Halloway Advisor, but I want to understand what I am buying before having to get Sarin reports and such from an appraiser after the fact. GOG seems to be one of the few that puts all of the info out there for people to use. Any others like that one? It''s hard to find AGS cert on the many of the sites that come up on pricescope. Thanks for any thoughts you all have.

Brian

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
you should be able to get a sarin report BEFORE you purchase a stone. If you find a stone that you are interested in, contact the vendor to get a copy of the certificate (if it isn't already online), and the sarin report. THey should be able to email and/or fax it to you.

1.gif

manhattan01

Rough_Rock
I'll leave this one for the experts but I've seen more than a few sites, GoG included, that have Sarin reports available. If they don't have them avail. for you to view, they usually have them if you ask them for it. Sites that don't have sarin reports for stones is probably because they don't actually have the stone. They have the basic specs but if you wanted the stone, they'd have to call it in from a distributer (someone please correct me if I'm wrong). Once they have it in, they should be able to give you a sarin report on it.

-spencer

You should also check out niceice.com and superbcert.com. They provide much of the same information about their rocks as goodoldgold.com.

Cheers,

2.gif

jpdoane

Rough_Rock
Yeah,

I was confused about all this too (Ok, I know about the HCA, but how do I use it practically to find a great stone...), until someone pointed the 'seach by cut quality' tool in the upper right side of the main price scope page. It lists all the stones that have angle info and you can sort by their HCA score. It doesn't have stones that don't publish the angle info, but I would guess that most of these are inferior cuts anyway (although I don't know this for sure - anybody else have input about this?)

-Jon

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Correct
1.gif

The Search by cut quality lists some 700 stones that have all been ranked according to their HCA scores.
There are usually no dogs present in that list, and the vendors (are real enthusiasts) who are selling them usually own the stones and can talk to you on the phone and tell you specific details.
http://www.pricescope.com/sift.asp

hunt

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the replies. I have a 1.2-1.4, ideal, h, vs2 in mind, so I might just have to expand my searches a little to get more of a selection.

BH

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results