shape
carat
color
clarity

crown height %

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

z78gml

Shiny_Rock
I WENT ONLINE AND LOOKED UP ACCREDITED GEM APPRAISERS. I STUMBLED ON THE CUT GRADING FORM FOR THE PRINCESS CUT DIAMONDS. MY FIANCE PURCHASED MY E-RING WITH A GIA CERT AND A IGI APPRAISEL. SO I HAVE NO MEASURMENTS (SARIN). HERE''S MY QUESTION IS THERE ANY FORMULA WHERE I CAN FIGURE OUT MY CROWN HEIGHT% BASED ON MY GIA CERT ALONE.

researcher

Ideal_Rock
Nope. I asked that question when looking for the stone for my ring. But, I think if you take it to a jeweler they might be able to tell you!

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
You can not work it out from the GIA cert.
It is fairly useless info anyway - it is the angles of the pavilion, crown and table size that you need primarily.

If the stone is set you can learn more with an ideal-scope - links up the top under Tools.

researcher

Ideal_Rock
Gary's right--at this point an ideal scope would be most useful! If your stone does not have much light leakage, has good scintillation, and lots of deep pinks and reds, you've done well!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results