shape
carat
color
clarity

Crossover rings

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
My mother wants a crossover ring. Similar to the cartier one with three rings of three different color golds... only she wants it all platinum or white gold and possibly with micro pave. And I don''t think she wants it to move.

I have no idea if this is making sense. If it isn''t let me know...

Anyway... my yahoo search for crossover rings turned up some fantastically ugly pieces of jewelry.

The closest one I found to what she wants is on the celebrity rings thread. She has a picture she cut out of a magazine a about a year ago but it''s on someone''s hand and it doesn''t say who makes it.

So I thought you all might know something.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
"rolling rings" might get you better results

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My mother lost her white gold wedding band about a decade ago. At first she refused to wear any other ring. Then her sister got her a seashell ring (a ring with a real seashell, that is). Finally I got her to agree to a tri-color gold band. (Hers moves.) I think it was different enough from what she lost to be OK with her. She and my dad are still going strong (my mother being 88 and my father being 85). If they make it until October, they will have been married for 65 years.

I got sidetracked. I love the ring style about which you are posting. Let us know if you find what your mother wants and, if you do, where! I think I have seen it in platinum and pavé, but I have no idea where. I also do not know if the ring was staionary or "rolling".

Deb
34.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well...this is not exactly what you want, but at least it''s in the neighborhood. This ring can apparently be made in white gold (and, if you ask, maybe platinum). It is set with small diamonds, although there is no pavé. I think I have seen a rolling ring with two plain platinum rings and one pavé, however. It is worth looking for!

Non-pavé Gold Rolling Ring with Diamonds

Deb
34.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is another site for rolling rings. Again: no pavé. Maybe one could be made by special order, though! They definitely do platinum!

More Rolling Rings

Deb
34.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The last site for which I posted a link will custom make any rolling ring. I would say that this would be ideal for your mother, Gypsy. The company even has a toll-free phone number that one can call.

At this site I learned that, "Rolling Rings are also known as Russian Wedding Bands". I guess that gives us all another set of words for which we can search!

34.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is a discontinued ring from the Rolling Ring Store (the last site I mentioned). It sells for $677.00.

RollingRingStoreRing.jpg

Snooper

Brilliant_Rock
I like that ring posted above. Any idea how comfortable those are? I have always wondered...

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
I tried on a rolling ring at BBB and I thought it was really cool. I''d love one! I think it was just like the last one you posted AGBF. But didn''t Gypsy say her mom didn''t want the rings to roll? I don''t know what you would call it though. And I dont'' think it''s a "Crossover ring" either... That''s one of these. hmmm.

s_10243015219.jpg

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/30/2006 1:48:58 PM
Author: Snooper
I like that ring posted above. Any idea how comfortable those are? I have always wondered...

Snooper, it was a little thick between my finger. I''m sure it wouldn''t be an everyday ring... But I thought it was pretty comfortable still! It''s cool how it rolls down.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have one that I bought in Italy several years ago and I love it. It is a little thicker, but I don''t mind it at all. Mine is a little big so the movement of it between my knuckles is kind of fun. And the best part is that since it rolls off easily it''s great to wear in the summer when it''s really hot and my fingers swell becuase it''s not uncomfortable to get off.

(Sorry--I''m sure this much more info that you wanted!)

One more thing, I''ve never seen them pave, but I have seen them where all three bands are channel set. I''ll try to find a photo for you.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here''s a photo of one with all three bands channel set.

http://www.billbarnes.com/product.asp?engine=BizRate&product=6133&keyword=6133&amount=0.45

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/30/2006 1:50:42 PM
Author: sunkist
I tried on a rolling ring at BBB and I thought it was really cool. I''d love one! I think it was just like the last one you posted AGBF. But didn''t Gypsy say her mom didn''t want the rings to roll?

Yes, sunkist, she did. I was pretty sure that the Rolling Ring site, which says it can custom make any ring would be able to make one that didn''t roll! No way to tell for sure unless Gypsy decides to ask them, however!

Deb
34.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is a link to the ring Dee*Jay wanted to make available. (Dee*Jay, I think it is absolutely lovely!!!)

Mémoire Ring by Bill Barnes

Deb
34.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF - thank you for fixing my link. Sometimes I''m completely inept at anything technical!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/30/2006 6:49:58 PM
Author: Dee*Jay
AGBF - thank you for fixing my link. Sometimes I''m completely inept at anything technical!

You''re welcome! I am probably more inept than you. It''s just that after a certain number of years one cannot help but learn a few tricks. There is plenty of archival material on Pricescope showing that I have no technical ability whatsoever!

Deb
34.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
AGBF and everyone... thanks so much for your help. Some of those rings are very nice. And the prices beat Cartier by a mile!

But she really doesn''t want one that moves. She wants it to look like three bands-- micro pave bands. but because of the pave I don''t think it can actually move without causing damage.

That''s probably why that one ring is discontinued.

Hmmmm. The search continues.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/31/2006 7:57:52 PM
Author: Gypsy
she really doesn''t want one that moves.

The site called Rolling Ring Store says they will custom make anything. Why not e-mail them and ask if they can make a ring with three stationary bands? They said to contact them at:

[email protected]

Deb
34.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh. Really? Well, I guess it doesn''t hurt to ask, right? I''ll have to see about getting the pic she has scanned in and send it to them for a qoute. THANKS !

Although, I love my mother, but she can be a royal pain in the tush... probably not even going to mention the custom thing to her.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/1/2006 11:51:26 PM
Author: sunkist
Hey Gypsy, I was looking through the Adwar catalogs that Jelly posted in her thread and I found some rings that might be what your mom wants! Take a look at this page at the bottom.

They''re lovely, but what makes you think the rings that have the rolling ring look are stationary?

Deb
34.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I SO have not had time to look into this for her... But yes... there is one on that page that looks like it could work (can''t make it bigger) W9141 actually. Although l 7243 L is the one closes to the picture she has in terms of design... but it has yellow gold and she wants all white-- doesn''t hurt to ask if they make it all white though. Adwar is so weird-- sometimes you can make the pics big sometimes you can''t. I don''t think it would move at all since the back of the ring appears to be a solid thick band. So it would definitely work for her... NOW... how do I get a hold of pricing and other info on this thing? I don''t think Adwar sells to the public-- do they??

THANK YOU SUNKIST (and everyone else who is helping!)

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/3/2006 10:04:34 PM
Author: tulip928
Here's another site with rolling rings:

http://www.puzzlerings.org/

Go to the bottom row, last ring and click options.
1.gif

This site is owned by the Rolling Ring website (or at least the owners of that website). I learned a lot about these rings while looking for Gypsy's mother!

Deb
34.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Deb you''ve been AWESOME!!! Thanks so MUCH for your time and effort! Much appreciated.

Having a bit of a fight with Mom currently (she''s not speaking to me for quitting my job)... but as soon as we start talking again... I''m going to show this to her.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results