shape
carat
color
clarity

Croatian gold pendant from grandma

Lauren91

Rough_Rock
View attachment 607524 My grandma passed and I chose her pendant to keep and no one in my family really knew anything about it but I would like to know as much as possible seeing as I can not find anything similar to it.

dkata

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Unfortunately I can’t see any picture....

Lauren91

Rough_Rock
IMG_1189.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1190.JPG
    IMG_1190.JPG
    246.6 KB · Views: 13

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm going to take a wild guess and suggest that your pendant is of French origin. The figure looks like Marianne, a personification of the French ideals of liberty and reason, and the symbols around the edge are probably stylized fleurs de lis.

Here's a French coin (pre-Euro) depicting Marianne:

Marianne.jpg

ETA - Hmm... I see that the iris (fleur de lis) is also a symbol of modern-day Croatia. The female figure still looks an awful lot like France's Marianne, but maybe this is a Croatian pendant?

Last edited:

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm going to take a wild guess and suggest that your pendant is of French origin. The figure looks like Marianne, a personification of the French ideals of liberty and reason, and the symbols around the edge are probably stylized fleurs de lis.

Here's a French coin (pre-Euro) depicting Marianne:

Marianne.jpg

ETA - Hmm... I see that the iris (fleur de lis) is also a symbol of modern-day Croatia. The female figure still looks an awful lot like France's Marianne, but maybe this is a Croatian pendant?
Good sleuthing, VRBeauty!!!! :clap:
I would say you are correct.
Sometimes people travel or receive gifts and the details get lost over time.

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results