shape
carat
color
clarity

Critique Diamond?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Rook

Shiny_Rock
Hello all. I''ve found this diamond, which I am thinking of buying. I am going to have it sent to me for personally inspection and also have it independantly appraised. I am going to upload a few pictures and reports of the diamond. I have too questions? 1) Is this good for the money? 2) Critique the heck out of it. Cut Nuts co crazy. I would like to know if anyone can see any potential flaws with the diamond.

It is from Jan at Diamond Brokers of Florida. The Price is $5796.00

Thanks

GIA rpt.jpg

Rook

Shiny_Rock
Sarin attached!

Sarin.jpg

Rook

Shiny_Rock
GIA cert!

GIA cert.jpg

Rook

Shiny_Rock
Picture #1

Pic 1.jpg

Rook

Shiny_Rock
Picture #2

Pic 2.jpg

Rook

Shiny_Rock
I also have a brilliantscope report, but the file is too large to upload on the this site. It basically shows the white light at the low to medium end the the very high range, and the colored light and scintillation at the highest end of the very high range.

If anyone has ideas on how to upload this from my computer please let me know?

Thanks for your comments!

Rook

Shiny_Rock
Someone Please respond. Even if it is just an oppinion or if it is bad.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Sorry I do not comment on fancy shapes based on angles and proportions - only rounds.

can you get them to do an ideal-scope photo for you with the stone held in tweezers - not sitting in a perspex tray?

Tarams

Shiny_Rock
Hi Rook,

I am very picky about the diamonds I buy. This one looks beautiful! I am not an expert on table/depth, so I can't comment on that.

I've got a marquise that's larger, graded E, VS2, and has all the same shimer & sparkle that yours shows, but I paid a bit more for it and still believed I got a good deal. So I think your price is fair!

Good luck!!!

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
Looks like a heckuva stone at a great price. You'll know better when you lay eyes on it.

Rich, GG
Sarasota Gemological Laboratory

Rook

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone for your comments. I really like this diamond from what I can see so far. I had some hesitations that it may have a symmetry problem, but the more I look at the pictures, the more I think it is just due to odd angles on the pictures. I am trying to get an Idealscope picture but I am not sure if they can do that.

It really seems to have great brilliance and dispursion for a pear. Any comments on the shape or symmetry?

Rook

Shiny_Rock
Cutnut; and everyone else.

Here is an idealscope picture of the diamond. I am not good with interpreting idealscopes. Is this a good result???

Idealscope2.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results