shape
carat
color
clarity

Credibility question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

connell

Rough_Rock
Does the company name "Fancy Diamonds", based in Texas, with a web address of www.georgiadiamonds.com ring a bell with any one? I stumbled onto them via a classified ad, thinking that the ad was for an individual, single stone owner. Turns out they are a wholesaler with competitive prices and a good website (BBB). I noticed they weren't listed as a vendor here and their name did not pop up when I searched the archives. They will send any diamond to my house and give me 7 days to inspect, buy and return. Does this raise any red flags with anyone? Does this seem like a legit biz? As always, thanks for the advice.

homer_j

Shiny_Rock
Never heard of them. What are the terms of the 7-day return period? If they are absolutely no questions asked, for any reason, 100% money refund and they seem to offer quality merchandise then maybe worth a shot. But definitely line up an appraiser. Have you compared them with other vendors who seemingly have a very credible track record? How do they compare in price?

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock

----------------
On 6/11/2003 12:36:17 PM connell wrote:

Does the company name "Fancy Diamonds", based in Texas, with a web address of www.georgiadiamonds.com ring a bell with any one? I stumbled onto them via a classified ad, thinking that the ad was for an individual, single stone owner. Turns out they are a wholesaler with competitive prices and a good website (BBB). I noticed they weren't listed as a vendor here and their name did not pop up when I searched the archives. They will send any diamond to my house and give me 7 days to inspect, buy and return. Does this raise any red flags with anyone? Does this seem like a legit biz? As always, thanks for the advice.

----------------
I've not heard of them; my gut instinct says to avoid them.

Anyone who sells to the public is emphatically NOT a wholesaler.....repeat, they are NOT a wholesaler. Wholesalers by definition do not sell to the public.

Also, their prices appear far too low to suggest the type of quality diamonds that most people here prefer. Cut is the key factor in determining a diamond's performance, and comparable well-cut diamonds are priced by reputable, bottom-line internet vendors for significantly more than you see here. That leads me to believe their stones aren't very good.

There are several reputable vendors you can find here to do business with that come with oodles of positive recommendations where you can have confidence in your internet purchase. I'd stick with one of them.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results