shape
carat
color
clarity

Crazy Cat Lady-- introducing Sherlock

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
First, can I ask for a little PS dust for something I can't talk about? I just need some major luck on Thursday.

Second... we are adopting Sherlock!!!!

I had to promise John that he's our last purposeful adoption (Strays who find us like Lucy don't count) unless (God Forbid) something happens to any of our cats (not including Lucy, if we find a home for her I don't get a new kitty).

And this weekend was Hell on Earth at Petsmart. A HUGE adoption faire with multiple rescues that spilled out into the parking lot it was so big. We went there on Saturday and Sunday (it's happy to see the animals get adopted and hard to see so many homeless) and met MANY kitties of all shape and sizes and the lady who fosters Sherlock brought him for us to meet on Sunday, since we'd been emailing about him.

I was afraid that I was depressed that I just wanted a kitty fix, and that I'd latch on to any kitty. But actually, despite there being many wonderful animals. And spending much time petting, holding and 'inspecting' many kitties, not one of them picked me, and my heart (though wanting to save all of them) didn't find any particular kitty who grabbed on with both paws.

Then we met Sherlock. And I realized that I while I wanted a kitty fix , I didn't want just any kitty, I wanted the right one. And he really is it. We spent a lot of time with him and he took to us as well.

We'll be bringing him home next week after we prep for his arrival, and get him checked out by the vet and have him groomed and dipped.

He is just under a year. He was adopted out by the rescue at 3 months. 6 months later they get a call from a kill shelter that he's been surrendered, but that the microchip name was still registered to the rescue, and did they want him back or put down. His foster mom went and got him immediately and he's been back with her since then.

He's a love. White with a light grey patch on his head. Cuddly, smart, playful. All of which he displayed even at the very chaotic store today with kids and dogs and adults running about everywhere. He's got a definite personality, which I love in a cat (although I could do without a few of Hally's multiple personalities) and loves other cats, as well as humans.

I WILL wear a "crazy cat lady" AV if someone wants to make me one. But I feel good about this decision and so, surprisingly does my husband. He's going to be a good fit with our bunch, and we're going to be a good fit for him.

Without further ado... Sherlock's pics. (John is calling him "Sheer Luck")... we aren't sure if we are keeping his name yet.

CA415_17810065-2-x.jpg

100_4953 (2).jpg

Sherlock.jpg

Sherlock1.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I got sent a lot of pics... :tongue: He likes to cuddle.

100_4958 (2).jpg

Sherlockrelaxing.jpg

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! Sherlock is beautiful! I hear you on the multiple cat thing. I got my first kitten this summer. Then 2 months later got my second :)

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
Gypsy, he's adorable! Looks like he also knows who he needs to cuddle up to---could that have something to do with your husband being willing to adopt him? :D Congratulations!

Sending dust, too.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
I bet you regret giving me your password now. :lol: :lol: :lol:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Goodness he's a beauty :bigsmile:

Congrats Gypsy!!! Can never have too many kitties ::)

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
neatfreak|1289797304|2766314 said:
I bet you regret giving me your password now. :lol: :lol: :lol:

ROFLMAO. You stinker. I said I'd wear the badge with honor and I will though.

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
Sherlock is beautiful Gypsy! He must have clicked with you guys to be such a cuddler already. Dust to you for thursday!!!!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
In the pics he's cuddling with foster mom at home. That's not us. But he adores belly rubs and did cuddle at the store as well. Just not with the same abandon as it was NOT a relaxing environment. I think he'll be a lover when he comes home and gets used to us. His foster mom says he flops like that with anyone he meets. LOL.

I am excited we're getting him. I do wish I could find a solution for Lucy. It's been two steps forward two steps back. She started warming up to Duncan and even tolerating Frodo. Then Hally got away from me and tackled her freaking her out completely (even thogh Hally only got her tail cause I had Hally by the tail, the fun never ends) and now she's back to hissing and freaking with all the cats. But last night we forced Duncan and Lucy to spend the night with us. And after the first couple of seconds it went well. Unfortunatley, when things go well Duncan gets friendly, so in the morning he was like "we're friends now?" and walked over to cuddle with her (they'd been on opposite sides of the bed all night) and got a face full of hissy cat.

I need a home for her where the humans are VERY cat experienced (and perferably with rescue and feral experience) and want an only cat who LOVES humans, but can't stand other cats. Indoor only. And commited to her. She's got a lot to give to the right people. I just haven't met them yet. Everyone who has the personality and experience we need for Lucy has cats already. I'd even settle for a home iwth one mellow male cat for Lucy to tolerate. But nothing has come up. Black cats are so hard to place and Lucy's unique attributes make her even more of a challenge.

Still she's ours and gets every other night with us and an hour a day as well. So she's okay. I just want so much more for her. My greatest wish is just that she'd integrate (but that would require Hally getting a lobotomy). But it's not going to happen. Hally is just VERY MEAN to other females. And Lucy is her favorite type of victim.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm thinking of leaving NF's witty AV up for a day... then switching to this one... what do you think?

crazy%20cat%20lady.jpg

Steel

Ideal_Rock
He is so handsome. His story breaks my heart. It was such good fortune that his chip was registered to the shelter. I wish all kitties could have such chances, they all deserve it.

Crazy cat lady or not, well done for taking him. He will be a super moggie- I know it.

About the CCL avatar -KEEP IT. I much prefer it, to the pink one.

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
He's so CUTE! He looks like a ball of cuddles!! I love cats that are like that :bigsmile:

Congrats and DUST for whatever you need it for hun! HUGS!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Sherlock is beautiful! How disgusting that his previous adopter sent him to a kill shelter instead of taking him back to the rescue. :nono: I'm sure he'll have a wonderful home with you.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
He's a handsome boy, Sherlock! I'm glad you found each other.

Dusty dust for Thursday!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
I'm completely in love with Sherlock. Oh my goodness.

Also, for some reason, this made me laugh out loud - and not just any laugh, one of those snorty, catches-you-unaware-and-makes-all-of-your-coworkers-mock-you-behind-your-back laughs:

a face full of hissy cat.

No idea why it made me laugh that hard, but it did.

April20

Ideal_Rock
He's beautiful!!! And i like the negotiating tactics you've got installed re: adding kitties. :))

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
Sherlock looks like an absolute DOLL!!! It is wonderful that you are giving him a home. I am confused. How many ktties do you (will you) have ?

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
First of all, here's some mystery *DUST* for you.
Second, Sherlock is so handsome! ::)

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock
Sherlock is to die for!
I hold in high esteem people who adopt pets.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
He's cute! And I'm not a cat person at all, so that's saying something!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you everyone for the mystery dust! And for your welcome to Sherlock. Princess, it is actually kinda funny (or would be if it didn't upset Duncan so much) when it happens too, so I totally get it. My nickname for her is actually "Hissy Cat". She's a black cat with glowing greenish yellow eyes and she PUFFS up when she hisses and looks like her pic should be next to the phrase "HISSY CAT" in the dictionary.

Cindi, I um. Well. I have 5 now, including Lucy. Lucy was a stray that found us 2 years ago and has her own bedroom and is not integrated. She spends every other night with us and also gets an hour a day on the alternate days. We treat her like our own, but we are still holding out hope we can find a better home. She's very much an only cat and adores people. So we consider her ours but also a foster. My other three are ours permanently: Duncan, Hally, Frodo. Sherlock is very good with other cats and male so we are going to try to at least integrate him with Lucy on sleep over nights. Duncan joins Lucy most nights but if she gets too hissy (she doesn't attack just has a hissy fit, no claws no movement to strike-- she could be 5 feet away and just hissing) he asks to leave and we of course accomodate.

I'm hoping that by getting her used to male cats (Duncan, Frodo and Sherlock) I can at least look for homes with resident male cats for her, which would expand the pool of possible homes significantly for her. So we'll see.

I will keep the CCL AV.

And yes, learning to negotiate with the husband has helped our relationship many a time.

:wavey:

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy, he is so so so cute! I love him! I had never seen a white cat before. Adorable - give him a huge kiss for me. :appl:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! Sherlock is a gorgeous baby!! :love: :love: :love:
It's a mitzvah adopting an animal who needs a loving home and it is a wonderful thing your family is doing Gypsy!

Sending lots of mystery dust your way!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Oh how cute is he, I can see why you fell in love.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Oh what a cutie! I'm so glad he was microchipped and was able to get back to the foster mom - and that he was adopted by you! More pictures please!

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
Gypsy|1289846074|2766843 said:
Thank you everyone for the mystery dust! And for your welcome to Sherlock. Princess, it is actually kinda funny (or would be if it didn't upset Duncan so much) when it happens too, so I totally get it. My nickname for her is actually "Hissy Cat". She's a black cat with glowing greenish yellow eyes and she PUFFS up when she hisses and looks like her pic should be next to the phrase "HISSY CAT" in the dictionary.

Cindi, I um. Well. I have 5 now, including Lucy. Lucy was a stray that found us 2 years ago and has her own bedroom and is not integrated. She spends every other night with us and also gets an hour a day on the alternate days. We treat her like our own, but we are still holding out hope we can find a better home. She's very much an only cat and adores people. So we consider her ours but also a foster. My other three are ours permanently: Duncan, Hally, Frodo. Sherlock is very good with other cats and male so we are going to try to at least integrate him with Lucy on sleep over nights. Duncan joins Lucy most nights but if she gets too hissy (she doesn't attack just has a hissy fit, no claws no movement to strike-- she could be 5 feet away and just hissing) he asks to leave and we of course accomodate.

I'm hoping that by getting her used to male cats (Duncan, Frodo and Sherlock) I can at least look for homes with resident male cats for her, which would expand the pool of possible homes significantly for her. So we'll see.

I will keep the CCL AV.

And yes, learning to negotiate with the husband has helped our relationship many a time.

:wavey:

Well five isn't really THAT many. I have four. It sounds like Lucy found the right "foster" home. Even though you want more for her, she has a LOT more than many cats!! You are such a good (cat) person!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
0628091749gyp.jpg Hally, demon cat extraordinare. Favorite activity f*cking with Lucy.

Lucy%20Bio%202.jpg Lucy cat. Sweet and cuddly and loves humans. Turns into Hissy Cat when she is startled by other cats... or if she sees Hally, or part thereof, anywhere. With good reason.

Frodo%20Dodo%20Kitty.jpg Frodo. We call him Dodo. It fits him better.

DSC00810.jpg Duncan modelling my pendant.

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful cats! :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results