shape
carat
color
clarity

Craigslist Killer

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Shut the front door!! I knew about the pre-med college student part, but I had no idea he was engaged and an upcoming wedding. How disturbing. I need to read the article now.

ETA: Okay, I have read the article. It's maddening to me to expect a murderer to behave or act or look a certain way. It's like everyone who knew him thinks you can pick a murderer in a line up by the way they look and behave. If only that were true...this world would be a safer place.

I bet he is the killer. I am really sad, but grateful for his fiancee that she didn't marry him. He could have ended up being a Scott Peterson. :::shaking off the willies:::

Feralpenchant

Shiny_Rock
She''s still planning on marrying him! She''s holding to her belief that he did not do it. Crazy bat.

If the police even thought they had enough evidence to convict my SO of murder, I''d be out of there so fast lol.

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
very disturbing
32.gif

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
This story is just so weird. That town the killer grew up in is the same town that my finaces brother in law grew up in. And let me tell you it is small. He doesn't know the guy though. Probably because we are 10 years older than the guy but its just weird.

ETA...and the girl that was killed in Baltimore in a different murder grew up next door in long island to one of my close friends.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is big news in Boston...The girl is bat $hit crazy if you ask me...

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Did anybody see their wedding website? DH was looking at it a couple of nights ago, but I found it too depressing to look. So sad.

I can''t believe all the evidence they''re releasing to the public--how is this guy supposed to get a fair trial?

Glad we moved from Quincy this year! We''re only one town over, but I swear that Quincy is the Boston suburb where all the whackadoos want to live.

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
She had a wedding plan on The Knot. She''s in denial for sure
38.gif

InLuv101

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/22/2009 9:12:01 AM
Author: NewEnglandLady
Did anybody see their wedding website? DH was looking at it a couple of nights ago, but I found it too depressing to look. So sad.

I can't believe all the evidence they're releasing to the public--how is this guy supposed to get a fair trial?

Glad we moved from Quincy this year! We're only one town over, but I swear that Quincy is the Boston suburb where all the whackadoos want to live.
This crossed my mind too. Whether he really is guilty of these crimes or not, he's already guilty in the minds of the public.

choyoyo

Rough_Rock
I think it''s terrible how much information they are leaking! Certainly no fair trial for sure
38.gif
. And they keep on sensationalizing about the zip ties in his apt and calling them plastic hand cuffs, which I think a lot of people have for tying up computer equipment anyway. At least I do.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, I''m reading today that they found items from both girls he alledgedly attacked in his apartment (and yes, the leaks are very bad). If this turns out to be true, I imagine the fiancee will have to face reality pretty soon. I think anyone would be in denial at first because you couldn''t believe someone you love could have this other secret life. I, too, am glad she didn''t marry him. This happened a couple of years ago where that man was arrested for many murders of women and his wife knew nothing until he was arrested. Talk about your world turning upside down. I still feel sick for this guy''s fiancee.

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/22/2009 11:52:52 AM
Author: choyoyo
I think it''s terrible how much information they are leaking! Certainly no fair trial for sure
38.gif
. And they keep on sensationalizing about the zip ties in his apt and calling them plastic hand cuffs, which I think a lot of people have for tying up computer equipment anyway. At least I do.
Depends on whether they are your garden variety zip ties, or actual "flex cuffs" that the PD use. Flex cuffs are heftier than zip ties, and have a tiny little metal tab where zip ties have plastic ratchets. If you have the flex cuff type in your possesion, you''d be hard pressed to convince me you were going to corral your computer cables and cords
2.gif

btrflygrl23

Brilliant_Rock
Very scary! In one way if he is the guy then I"m glad they have caught him on the other hand if he happens to be the wrong guy how sad is that for his reputaion and career and family etc..
I think though from the talk from the police they have the right person...
What a waste of life the victim/his I guess addiction can really change a person...creepy looks like a harmless guy

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/22/2009 5:17:58 PM
Author: purrfectpear

Date: 4/22/2009 11:52:52 AM
Author: choyoyo
38.gif
Depends on whether they are your garden variety zip ties, or actual ''flex cuffs'' that the PD use. Flex cuffs are heftier than zip ties, and have a tiny little metal tab where zip ties have plastic ratchets. If you have the flex cuff type in your possesion, you''d be hard pressed to convince me you were going to corral your computer cables and cords
2.gif
They found underwear that supposedly belonged to victims in his apt. That can''t be coincidence if it is true. (I don''t believe everything that is leaked in a case, but this one looks pretty incriminating considering they have camera shots of him leaving the hotels.)

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
I haven't seen any updated news stories, but I do know that the police wouldn't just go in and arrest this guy without a boatload of evidence. It's just too risky. Nice, clean cut, pre-med white guy who's grandfather is a lawyer. They'd have to be rookie cops. I'm not saying it couldn't happen, but the chances that they arrested the wrong guy are probably pretty slim. He probably has no verifiable alibi. Photos on a surveillance camera. Internet records. Physical evidence.

They say that the murdered woman put up a helluva fight. I believe that. I believe that is probably why she is dead. Maybe if she didn't put up a fight, he wouldn't have had to kill her in public where she was found not in a hotel room, but in the hall.

I bet she has a lot of her killer's DNA lying around or on her person. Then there are the technological footprint of how the killer found his targets. It's just too easy to track people these days when operating through an online medium. I feel really bad for his fiancee. I suspect she will rethink her position. She is probably just in shock right now. I'd be in shock.
38.gif

DearBuddha

Brilliant_Rock
My BIL is a class ahead of him at BU. He doesn''t know him but he knew of him and said he was supposedly an oddball. Surprise, surprise. This is a big deal story here in Boston. My DH was at Foxwoods on Monday, and it creeps me out to think that he could have been sitting next to this guy.

And I''m sorry, but the fiancée is in serious denial if she can''t recognize all the evidence pointing to him.

wyndham

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/22/2009 11:43:42 PM
Author: miraclesrule
I haven''t seen any updated news stories, but I do know that the police wouldn''t just go in and arrest this guy without a boatload of evidence. It''s just too risky. Nice, clean cut, pre-med white guy who''s grandfather is a lawyer. They''d have to be rookie cops. I''m not saying it couldn''t happen, but the chances that they arrested the wrong guy are probably pretty slim. He probably has no verifiable alibi. Photos on a surveillance camera. Internet records. Physical evidence.
Miracles, I would ordinarily be inclined to agree with you on this, but I can''t help but recall the ''Duke Lacrosse" case from a couple of years ago (and other such cases where people are wrongly accused). The whole world was calling for the players to be locked up forever...and within a year it came out that the case was the result of a mentally ill dancer making false accusations, a self-serving DA trying to get re-elected, and a biased police force that made many mistakes. Ever since then, I''ve tried to reserve judgment in these ''popular'' news stories...although the media certainly makes it hard!

I hope that for his sake and his poor fiancee''s sake, this Craigslist guy isn''t guilty. Unfortunately, the alleged evidence that we''ve heard about does seem to point that way. I''ll be interested to see what happens as the police collect more evidence.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/23/2009 1:51:56 PM
Author: DearBuddha
My BIL is a class ahead of him at BU. He doesn''t know him but he knew of him and said he was supposedly an oddball. Surprise, surprise. This is a big deal story here in Boston. My DH was at Foxwoods on Monday, and it creeps me out to think that he could have been sitting next to this guy.

And I''m sorry, but the fiancée is in serious denial if she can''t recognize all the evidence pointing to him.

Buddah are you in Boston too?

DearBuddha

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/23/2009 3:38:34 PM
Author: Hudson_Hawk

Indeed!

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
They must have pulled their Knot page...because I was unable to locate it when I went snooping.

I believe this girl Megan is probably knee deep in denial...I mean, could any of you imagine the type of reaction you''d have if your FI, BF or DH was accused of such a violent and evil crime? I''d probably go balls to the wall to defend my DH, because for me, he''s not that man...ya know? It would go against everything I know about him, that type of information takes time to digest...and I''m sure Megan is feeling much the same way. You cannot turn love off for someone overnight, esspecially not someone you were months away from marrying...she is probably shocked, and I hope in time as the case unfolds she''ll see more clearly. Poor girl.

As far as this scumbag...he looks like a psychopath. In the photo of him in court, he looks off. I hope they can gather enough evidence to fry him.

I use CL all the time, esspecially when I was working on my home. In this economy I tried to hire as many private workers as possible. It''s scary to know this types of things. I mean, it''s always a possibility that a psycho is on the other end...but its just not something I alertly focus on, and now I will be more diligent and aware of my actions and surroundings and who I welcome into my home. I''m thankful that I''ve always been okay...but it just goes to show how fleeting that luxury is.

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/23/2009 3:33:33 PM
Author: wyndham
Date: 4/22/2009 11:43:42 PM

Author: miraclesrule

I haven''t seen any updated news stories, but I do know that the police wouldn''t just go in and arrest this guy without a boatload of evidence. It''s just too risky. Nice, clean cut, pre-med white guy who''s grandfather is a lawyer. They''d have to be rookie cops. I''m not saying it couldn''t happen, but the chances that they arrested the wrong guy are probably pretty slim. He probably has no verifiable alibi. Photos on a surveillance camera. Internet records. Physical evidence.

Miracles, I would ordinarily be inclined to agree with you on this, but I can''t help but recall the ''Duke Lacrosse'' case from a couple of years ago (and other such cases where people are wrongly accused). The whole world was calling for the players to be locked up forever...and within a year it came out that the case was the result of a mentally ill dancer making false accusations, a self-serving DA trying to get re-elected, and a biased police force that made many mistakes. Ever since then, I''ve tried to reserve judgment in these ''popular'' news stories...although the media certainly makes it hard!

I hope that for his sake and his poor fiancee''s sake, this Craigslist guy isn''t guilty. Unfortunately, the alleged evidence that we''ve heard about does seem to point that way. I''ll be interested to see what happens as the police collect more evidence.

I hear ya Wyndham. I have seen my fair share of mistaken judgment and agenda pushing. I never believed they had a case in the LaCrosse cases, nor did I think our DA in San Diego had it right when they charged a young boy of killing his sister. It happens. And you are right, the public usually doesn''t understand it until previously held evidence, or lack thereof, is released to the public. I just can''t believe that this type of crime, with the cyber involvement, would lend itself to that type of error. But it''s a possibility. If the public knew how much Cities and Counties paid out in liability claims to the public, they would freak!! I was going to write an expose on it once upon a time. I just don''t think this is that type of case. I guess we''ll find out. If ballistics come back positive on that gun of his, he is toast.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/23/2009 10:11:47 PM

Indeed!

Nice! There''s a good-sized group of us on PS...

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Preliminary ballistic testing shows the gun as a positive match. They''ve also found his fingerprints on evidence found at the crime scene.

This guy is a nut job. If I were Megan I would change my name and move far far away just on the off chance that he was released from jail in the future.

DearBuddha

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/24/2009 8:50:37 AM
Date: 4/23/2009 10:11:47 PM

Indeed!

Nice! There''s a good-sized group of us on PS...

That''s awesome
36.gif
I love this city!! I''m originally from the North Shore, but my DH and I moved to San Diego for three years before we got married last summer. We resettled in Brookline back in October, and now we''re thinking of starting the house hunting search!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/24/2009 8:53:20 AM
Preliminary ballistic testing shows the gun as a positive match. They''ve also found his fingerprints on evidence found at the crime scene.
You''d think the truth would be dawning on this girl by now, huh? But then again somehow OJ Simpson still gets dates & Scott Peterson''s mom is all "he''s innocent" & that wacky Anthony clan is hard at work on their "my lying/stealing daughter is a 100% truthful non-murderer" tour.

How chilling was it that this chick''s mom told her to BE CAREFUL IN BOSTON BECAUSE SOME GUY''S MURDERING PEOPLE. *shudder* What if she''d stumbled on that Grey''s Anatomy text stuffed with panties & his gun?? She was a med student too ... it totes could have happened.
32.gif

DearBuddha

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/24/2009 2:34:04 PM
Author: decodelighted
Date: 4/24/2009 8:53:20 AM

You''d think the truth would be dawning on this girl by now, huh? But then again somehow OJ Simpson still gets dates & Scott Peterson''s mom is all ''he''s innocent'' & that wacky Anthony clan is hard at work on their ''my lying/stealing daughter is a 100% truthful non-murderer'' tour.

How chilling was it that this chick''s mom told her to BE CAREFUL IN BOSTON BECAUSE SOME GUY''S MURDERING PEOPLE. *shudder* What if she''d stumbled on that Grey''s Anatomy text stuffed with panties & his gun?? She was a med student too ... it totes could have happened.
32.gif

Obviously no one wants to believe that someone they love is capable of hurting or killing another person, but when the story finally comes together and the pieces fit in the puzzle, you have to wake up and hightail it out of there!

Megan is in serious denial, and as harsh as it sounds, she really needs to accept that her fiance is more than likely guilty and going to jail. It''s a sad fact, but to constantly defend or deny any wrongdoing on his behalf is evidence that she''s not too in touch with reality at the moment.

Gun/ballistics are a match, fingerprints match, personal belongings of victims found in his apartment, ect...Sorry, miss, but your man is a murderer.

I just finished reading A Time to Kill and it fits the idea that this guy is going to hard pressed to get a fair trial. DH and I were discussing it, and we have no clue how this is going to be played out now, because everyone in Boston is convinced he''s guilty.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Soooo in denial. And I really wonder about her *smarts* ... claiming (w/o any evidence) that "some cop or cops" in Boston "sold the story to many outlets" & is framing her man to cash in somehow??

Um, Megan ... why did they pick him? Because he''s sooooo good looking & awesome? Because he''d make the best "story" for the "news networks" to buy? Yeah ... CNN pays SO MUCH for their "stories". And the Associated Press. Oh those cops must be rolling in the dough.

Who believes this stuff?? She even said "what else is new" ... as if this happens all the time. Cops frame regular decent guys just for $$ & kicks. And STUFF their apartments with "evidence" and "fingerprints" and "ballistic matches".

20.gif
20.gif
20.gif

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Positive ballistics? He''s toast.

It''s time for the fiancee to "snap out of it"! This isn''t like the "Runaway Bride" who made up some random story because she freaked out before her wedding with that wide-eyed psycho look. This dude is a murdering psychopath.

And a dumba$$ psychopath at that.

Word to deco...don''t you know that the crazy cops need to supplement their low pay? Gotta sell that story to someone, even if they don''t even get to be named as a source. Sounds logical to me...NOT!

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I feel bad for Megan. She thought that she had it good. Loving FH, med student at a good school, wedding in a couple of months, and then BAM! FH actually commits armed robbery and murders women. To go from one extreme to the other, especially when all eyes are on you, would take some time. She''s probably been told by her FH''s famiy and FH that to leave him would be harmful to his case and clearly she still cares about him. It''s been less than a week since his arrest.

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
Well, I guess I''m just a disloyal fairweather biotch then. If I were engaged and my FI was arrested for murder I would turn on him so fast he wouldn''t even see the door open and shut
23.gif
9.gif
23.gif

If he turned out to be innocent, we could talk later about what I did.
11.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results