shape
carat
color
clarity

Crafted By Infinity, High Performance Diamonds, and Me

mgcp89

Rough_Rock
Reader, if there’s anything more stressful than ordering a diamond sight unseen, I don’t want to know about it.

Here is my tale:

About 15 years ago my S.O. and I decide to upgrade the marital stone. A tiny thought flitted through my mind, “Only a fool would buy a diamond off the internet,” so off I went to the local B&M stores. But I didn't see what I was looking for, and I didn't feel comfortable with anyone I encountered, so I went straight home and said, “Nope, not doing that.” and SO says “OK”.

Flash forward to the present.

We’re watching a NOVA special about mining, including gemstone mining. I say “You know, this makes me want to upgrade my diamond again,” and SO says, “You should.”

This time, off I go to the internet.

I lurked and I lurked on Pricescope. I read blog after blog by diamond experts. Finally, I was ready to shop. But as luck would have it, I couldn’t find what I wanted (MRB, 3-ish cts, 9.3-.5 mm, H-G, Vs2-Vs1, and within my budget). I decided to do a cut-to-order, and based on the reputation of Paul and Wink as gleaned from this and other sites, I chose CBI/HPD.

[ Edited by Admin: Please do not use affiliate links. ]

As I was saying, I went with CBI/HPD and couldn’t be happier. Paul presented two viable roughs within one business day and I went with his recommendation. Wink was excellent about keeping me in the loop with emails and videos, and by phone when necessary (I’m not much for phone-talking). Melissa, Wink’s “ring person” was personable, and patient – so many emails I tossed off about the tiniest things; she responded quickly to them all. And lucky me! AGSL upgraded the clarity (which Paul thought was a possibility, but since he couldn’t guarantee it I was only on the hook (financially) for the lower clarity grade. Standard CBI policy). My ring arrived ahead of schedule and it’s absolutely as beautiful as I had hoped – white and bright – and the AGSL report hit all my sweet spots (i.e., Super Ideal). My favorite part may be the dispersion – it’s so stunning, I changed all the light bulbs in my home to LEDs. Fifteen years was a long time, but I made the right decision, and I would absolutely use CBI and HPD again.
p.s. I'm posting a pic on "Show me the bling."

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
mgcp89,

Congratulations! :appl:

I'm so happy for you and can't wait to see photos! I just checked SMTB, but guess you haven't had a chance yet to start a thread on your ring. Please do as soon as possible!

Being a Crafted by Infinity (CBI) diamond, there is no doubt whatsoever that your diamond is amazing! You went for a top-notch, superb diamond! Well worth the 15 year wait! :love:

I, too, previously would never have considered making a major purchase, such as a diamond, on-line. However, anyone who spends time reading PS will realize that the PS-recommended vendors, such as High Performance Diamonds and Wink, are well-respected and can be trusted.

OK, off to SMTB again to look for your thread. I do hope you're creating a new thread. Your diamond deserves its own thread!

By the way, it sounds like you have a wonderful, supportive husband. :))

:wavey:

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can't wait to see the pics! :clap: :clap: I visited Wink's webpage this morning.... :love:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
CBI cut is absolutely superlative!!!!!! :love: :love: :love:

egemnoel

Shiny_Rock
Great to see CBI / Wink exceeding your expectations. A very honest and professional outfit that makes buying unseen and from the internet an enjoyable experience. Looking forward to your pictures and congratulations on your cut to order CBI.

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
egemnoel|1485862191|4122201 said:
Great to see CBI / Wink exceeding your expectations. A very honest and professional outfit that makes buying unseen and from the internet an enjoyable experience. Looking forward to your pictures and congratulations on your cut to order CBI.

You can see a photo of this stunning diamond in her thread in Show Me The Bling.

mgcp89, we really need to see more photos of your amazing diamond and ring! It looks perfect on your beautiful hand! :love:

bmfang

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Haha, sounds like I might be the opposite of most of the husbands of PS members as I'm the one who has gotten more excited about diamond purchases than my wife does!

Congrats on the new stone, looking forward to seeing some pics!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results