shape
carat
color
clarity

Coverage Question for a Size 7 ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

CaratMan

Rough_Rock
With the help of all you wonderfully helpful PSer''s, I finally decided on and purchased a center stone for my custom 5-stone WF e-ring. It is a 1.01 H VS2 RB that measures 6.39mm across. There will be 2 matching 10-point ACA stones on each side. The setting is in the works and will be a u-prong design with open galleries (shared prongs for the sidestones).

Here is my question: What will the spread be on a size 7 ring? I wanted to try to avoid the side stones running down so that they are in between her fingers (to make it stunning, but also as comfortable as possible since she will be wearing it everyday). Please let me know what your thoughts are on this, especially from anyone with a similar style of ring. Thank you!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m not sure how much help this will be but here goes.

RisingSun has a beautiful 1.67ct with 2 x .20ct diamonds on each side of her centre diamond. She looks like she has tiny fingers but her ring doesn''t look like it goes right inbetween her fingers. My point is that if her ring has bigger diamonds and doesn''t go inbetween her fingers, your fiance should be fine with a smaller centre diamond and smaller side stones with a bigger finger. Here is a picture of risingsun''s ring.

020%20very%20close252.jpg

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hmmm I wonder why that didn''t attach... I will try again!

rsringsrt.jpg

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is the same setting but with a smaller centre stone... 1.23ct. Risingsun has size 4.5 fingers

rserirt.jpg

sonnyjane

Ideal_Rock
Hi! This isn''t exactly what you''re looking for but maybe you can get an idea of relative size! I''m a size 6.5 (so close to her 7) and my center stone is exactly the same size, a 1.01 ct H SI1 RB. The side stones are .35ct each, so larger than the 10-pointers you''ll be having, plus obviously mine is a 3-stone, not a 5, but maybe you can get a general idea!

EJGringclose1.jpg

sonnyjane

Ideal_Rock
Here''s another:

icebluesmaller32.jpg

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
sonnyjane - so pretty. There''s no issue with stones between the fingers as you''ve described the ring, in my opinion - good luck.

anyname

Shiny_Rock
sonnyjane i love your ring. The side stones are such a pretty color.

sonnyjane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/13/2009 9:55:52 PM
Author: popcorn
sonnyjane i love your ring. The side stones are such a pretty color.

Thank you! I''m quite fond myself :) They are just very light sapphires.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results