shape
carat
color
clarity

Cover of People Magazine

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

beau13

Ideal_Rock
I just picked up the latest issue, and it has Valerie Bertinelli in a swimsuit on the cover. I didn''t realize she is 47. She looks AMAZING after losing about 50 pounds! Has anyone seen the cover? A friend of mine said there was "obviously alot of airbrushing"..but I didn''t think so! Does anyone else think this is her new physique, "au natural" without any airbrushing? She must inspire alot of women in their 40''s who are striving to be healthy and in shape!

Bia

Ideal_Rock
I saw the cover this weekend, and I have to admit, I was IMPRESSED!
36.gif

Also, her tummy area looks so flat...I wouldn''t have expected that. She looks great, I agree. Airbrushing, or no airbrushing.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
I saw an interview with her and she said no air brushing, it was all her. She also said she worked out really hard to achieve her gorgeous body. She looks beautiful. I always loved her.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good for her, she''s an inspiration.
9.gif

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Oh, and I made a mistake with the age..she''s 48 !
Even more impressive!
36.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Of course the picture was airbrushed (to what degree we may not know, but of course the image was not used raw), as well as carefully lit, carefully posed, carefully made up. She wouldn''t look that good standing in front of you in a bikini, but that goes without saying.

None of that should take away from her hard work and fitness success. She still looks great, regardless of the airbrushing (and make up, and posing, and lighting...).

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here''s an image of the cover:

bertinelliswimsuit.jpg

MissBehavior

Rough_Rock
Is it so astonishing that a woman in her mid to upper 40''s can be beautiful? And I think inner beauty drives outer beauty. She has made positive changes in her life and it is certainly being reflected! However, I don''t think a woman requires a size 4 bikini to look beautiful.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/30/2009 3:41:02 PM
Author: MissBehavior
Is it so astonishing that a woman in her mid to upper 40''s can be beautiful? And I think inner beauty drives outer beauty. She has made positive changes in her life and it is certainly being reflected! However, I don''t think a woman requires a size 4 bikini to look beautiful.
36.gif

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/30/2009 3:41:02 PM
Author: MissBehavior
Agreed! It is better to be concerned about having a body that is in shape (healthy), than to be concerned about the shape of your body! (Not everyone is a size 4 , with an hourglass figure)

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Does she inspire you Beau13?

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
no need to look further than the Healthy Lifestyle thread to find daily inspiration! (and without any airbrushing)
31.gif

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/30/2009 4:05:37 PM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
Does she inspire you Beau13?
Sure! As a woman who is approaching the big "40", having had children and also dealing with some major illness and surgeries..I''m proud of the fact that I make a strong effort to lead a healthy lifestyle. Eating right, lots of sleep, relaxation techniques, and participating in sports/exercise keep me in shape! It''s great to see others (celebrities or not), that are part of the "fabulous at 40" club, and are in better shape now (physically, mentally, emotionally) than they may have been in their 20''s or 30''s! These women motivate me to be the best I can be! It''s also great to see moms , turn bad habits into good, and become a role model for their own children. I enjoy watching "The Biggest Loser" toward the end of the season when the contestants go home, and teach their family (husbands/wives, children) what they have learned about incorporating a healthy lifestyle into their daily living. I have to say that these average people who go from being overweight and unhealthy, to strong, fit and healthy, inspire me more than any celebrity does.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ditto musey re: airbrushing but it doesn''t matter, VB has come a long way...good for her and she looks fab.

Most of the models we see on mags have been airbrushed within an inch of their lives. Some of them have *gasp* cellulite. They are human too.

I wish my thighs looked that smooth, tanned and perfectly rosy in shorts, NOT!! hahaa.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow she looks amazing!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
I think she looks ahhmaazing for any age! I haven't looked like that in a bikini since I was 20! I think it is inspiring to all of us moms out there!

Beau, I love the Biggest Loser too...it is one of my favorite shows!

Ok, going to eat some grapes now instead of the chips I wanted, maybe I can look like Valerie...hehe!

MissBehavior

Rough_Rock
A couple of years ago Jamie Lee Curtis did an article and photoshoot for More Magazine about how Hollywood and the media distort positive body images. It was a great piece!!

And I sure love my More Magazine!!

jamielee.jpg

Mrs.Guz

Shiny_Rock
Airbrushing or no airbrushing - she still looks terrific!

Valerie, you go girl!
emsmile.gif

By the Way, Valerie will appear on the Oprah show on Wednesday, April 1

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/30/2009 5:12:18 PM
Author: Mrs.Guz
Airbrushing or no airbrushing - she still looks terrific!

Valerie, you go girl!
emsmile.gif

By the Way, Valerie will appear on the Oprah show on Wednesday, April 1
thanks!!!

Date: 3/30/2009 3:00:27 PM
Author: Linda W
I saw an interview with her and she said no air brushing, it was all her. She also said she worked out really hard to achieve her gorgeous body. She looks beautiful. I always loved her.
I agree Linda, she looks fabulous and I have always loved her too!!!!!
12.gif

I do wonder if there is airbrushing, her skin looks too perfect though.
28.gif

Maria D

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
People is one of those magazines that I''ll read for free any chance I get (doctor''s office, hairdresser''s...) but never buy. Well I bought this one! I''ve always loved VB. Actually, I guess I wanted to BE Valerie. We''re about the same age so I totally related to the Barbara Cooper character when that show was on. Then I was a total Van Halen fan and Val goes and marries Eddie.

A few years ago I lost about 30 pounds and got into the best shape of my life, so when VB started her Jenny Craig stint last year I was rooting for her. We are both 5''4" and her goal weight was pretty much the same as mine so it was interesting for me to watch her transformation. The pics of her in People are definitely airbrushed, just like every other magazine cover shoot. Who cares, she looks fantastic! When I compare vacation pictures of myself in a bikini to these pics of VB, I''m not sure if I''m inspired to lose 5 more pounds to get down to that magical 123 or if I''m inspired to get out Photoshop and do a little smoothing -- but I''m definitely inspired!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Valerie''s transformation has been much more fun to see, imo, than Kirstie Alley''s with that inundation of obnoxious JC commercials. V just seems like a sweetheart, and I''m glad to see her have her "moment" on the cover of a magazine. She does look great, airbrushing or not...more than anything, she looks healthy and HAPPY!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
let see some PS gals in bikini.
31.gif
we need to select 12 gals for the 2010 PS calendar.

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/30/2009 8:21:59 PM
Author: Dancing Fire
31.gif
Well, DF, I think we need 12 pics of the PS guys in bikinis for the 2010 PS Calendar!
11.gif
3.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think she looks amazing, too, and it almost tempts me to try Jenny Craig! I can''t imagine putting on a bikini under any circustances, but more power to Valerie!
36.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
She looks terrific. Love her!!!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/30/2009 8:21:59 PM
Author: Dancing Fire
31.gif
Turnaround being fair play, we could then ask 12 PS guys to pose in speedos...
14.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
don''t think there are 12 guys post regularly on PS.
25.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
She certainly looks great- and good for her! But I seriously doubt that there was NO airbrushing.

plus musey knows what a little (or a whole lot) of makeup and good lighting can do
1.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/30/2009 9:13:15 PM
Author: icekid
plus musey knows what a little (or a whole lot) of makeup and good lighting can do
1.gif
Oh makeup and lighting, how I love thee!!
9.gif
3.gif

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
Good for Valerie! She is such a sweetheart and I used to dream of looking like her when I was young. She was gorgeous then and she is gorgeous now
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results