shape
carat
color
clarity

Cover of People Magazine

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
this cover was shown on a tv show, it was stated that she looked great and that it was airbrushed.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I watched Oprah today and was waiting for Valerie; I must have missed her when I walked away for a moment??? When was she on? I saw Marie Osmond and then Star Jones. If I would have know most of the show was about Star I wouldn''t have watched it.

girlie-girl

Brilliant_Rock
I''m proud of Valerie for losing all that weight. But, come on, let''s be serious here. It''s a complete LIE to claim there was no post production work on that photograph. I know several photographers and nothing leaves their studio without something being adjusted in the photo. Whether it''s smoothing out skin tone, changing lighting or one of the myriad of other tweaks they can do to improve not only the look of the model, but the photograph as a whole. It''s a win-win situation.

This first image the ''artist'' had to retouch pretty much the whole photo. Skin tone, breast size, hips, tummy, shadows, highlights ... you name it.

gregapodaca.jpg

girlie-girl

Brilliant_Rock
This is a bit more subtle... but still has had some post production work done:

hottshotz-photography.jpg

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Except for the face (which is quite poorly lit), I much prefer the unretouched bikini photo. She doesn''t need it, IMO - I don''t like the plastic skin look!!

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/2/2009 10:20:01 AM
Author: musey
Except for the face (which is quite poorly lit), I much prefer the unretouched bikini photo. She doesn''t need it, IMO - I don''t like the plastic skin look!!
EXACTLY what I was thinking! The face needed more lighting, but there was no need to make the waist/hips and belly button smaller! She does look a tad "plasticized" in the retouched version.

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Yup. I was thinking the same. She looks gorgeous in the first, but a little darkness under the eyes. What kills me is that she already has a small waist (abs I would kill for!) but they had to photoshop it even smaller. It''s sick.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
She looks great!
I saw an interview with someone who works at People magazine (editor maybe?), and they also said that there was no airbrushing done. Good for her!

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/2/2009 8:46:53 AM
Author: girlie-girl
I''m proud of Valerie for losing all that weight. But, come on, let''s be serious here. It''s a complete LIE to claim there was no post production work on that photograph. I know several photographers and nothing leaves their studio without something being adjusted in the photo. Whether it''s smoothing out skin tone, changing lighting or one of the myriad of other tweaks they can do to improve not only the look of the model, but the photograph as a whole. It''s a win-win situation.

This first image the ''artist'' had to retouch pretty much the whole photo. Skin tone, breast size, hips, tummy, shadows, highlights ... you name it.
Exactly.

She looks great though!

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/30/2009 3:05:40 PM
Author: monarch64
Good for her, she''s an inspiration.
9.gif
36.gif
There are no shortcuts to looking good and feeling great about yourself. Good for her!
36.gif

girlie-girl

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t much like the final redo either, but I was just trying to provide an extreme example. On the website the artist says he was asked to make the modifications as they were shown in the final. The only thing they wanted to leave au natural were her lips.
20.gif
It''s no wonder women have negative body image issues.

Playing devil''s advocate, maybe they (People Magazine) don''t feel like they''re lying about the post production work because they technically don''t airbrush they Photoshop.
3.gif
LOL

Even still, I agree VB should be proud because she IS beautiful. No matter her dress size, she''s always been gorgeous to me.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results