shape
carat
color
clarity

Court says measles vaccine is not to blame for Autism

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
Pandora, thanks for sharing an adult perspective. I have read that bipolar is not uncommon with aspergers. Also, tourettes is common. My oldest son has tourettes and before I knew it, I use to tell him "stop it" all the time when he would start ticking. Its mostly a physical tick that sort of rotates (neck, leg etc) but sometimes verbal as in throat clearning, little noises but thankfully not words. I can understand why he was diagnosed with bipolar because he does have mood swings but at the time I felt that the bipolar diagnosis did not fully explain the big picture and aspergers incorporated his symptoms and was a more accurate diagnosis. I do however worry that deep down he may have the potential for bipolar and a true bipolar diagnosis is in his future. He definaetly has depressive episodes and can be manic at times as well. As a mom its overwhelming but then I think about what it must be like to live inside his head and I feel so guilty about feeling overwhelmed because he is suffering.

What an interesting solution to move somewhere that you HAD to learn to interpret non verbal communication. I have read your past posts sharing about your bipolar and want to thank you for being so candid. It gives me hope that if he does truley have bipolar, its something that you can live with.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results