shape
carat
color
clarity

Could you please help me find a 3crt lab stone?

SabineH

Rough_Rock
So i was planning to upgrade my earth diamond from blue nile but the proces has been really horrible, maybe because im international. So im thinking of getting a 3crt lab solitaire in a platinum Tiffany style setting. I do not like phosphorescence and when I asked a vendor is the HPHT was type 2a or 2b and they say neither :confused:

So I guess this thing is out of my league. Prices differ greatly, I really want a fair price. To sum things up.

- Around 3 crts
- HPHT is best according to Pricescopers I think?
- VS2 and UP
- D,E or F so no funky tints
- Simple platinum tiffany style band
- No phosphorescence

I am in Europe so taxes are 21% on top of the price and that makes terugging really complex so I need to really pay attention. Thank you!

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
So i was planning to upgrade my earth diamond from blue nile but the proces has been really horrible, maybe because im international. So im thinking of getting a 3crt lab solitaire in a platinum Tiffany style setting. I do not like phosphorescence and when I asked a vendor is the HPHT was type 2a or 2b and they say neither :confused:

So I guess this thing is out of my league. Prices differ greatly, I really want a fair price. To sum things up.

- Around 3 crts
- HPHT is best according to Pricescopers I think?
- VS2 and UP
- D,E or F so no funky tints
- Simple platinum tiffany style band
- No phosphorescence

I am in Europe so taxes are 21% on top of the price and that makes terugging really complex so I need to really pay attention. Thank you!

Hello, SabineH!
Any ideas on a budget that you'd like to stick to?
Any particular sellers that you have been gravitating towards?

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
@DejaWiz is there a way for us to screen out lab phosphorescence? I thought you can only do that in person. I’m also under the impression that it doesn’t correlate with blue tinge or other tinges. That it’s a separate feature. But I’m far from an expert in these matters.

SabineH

Rough_Rock
Hello, SabineH!
Any ideas on a budget that you'd like to stick to?
Any particular sellers that you have been gravitating towards?

I think I would like to stick to around 3000 dollars for just the stone excluding taxes. I've searched trough stonealgo, I am not really particular about vendors.

SabineH

Rough_Rock
@DejaWiz is there a way for us to screen out lab phosphorescence? I thought you can only do that in person. I’m also under the impression that it doesn’t correlate with blue tinge or other tinges. That it’s a separate feature. But I’m far from an expert in these matters.

Sorry didn't mean to insinuate these are correlated. I would like to stay DEF to avoid a tinge and I would like to avoid phosphorescence if that is possible. I am in Europe so I can not order and then send back because I would be a tax hassle.

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
DEF alone won’t avoid a tinge. You have to just look at the stones. A D stone can still have a grey tinge, as seen on here before - although I know I won’t be able to find the thread. An E stone can have a blue tinge.

Diamond color (D-Z-fancy) is about the warmth. Tinge is about other elements like boron and I forgot what makes grey and brown. So many details :lol:

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock

Generally pretty easy...if it's an HPHT with obvious blue nuance, then assume it will have phosphorescence.
It can also present in HPHT and CVD Type IIa, but impossible to screen for without physically testing the diamond after exposure to UVL.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
I think I would like to stick to around 3000 dollars for just the stone excluding taxes. I've searched trough stonealgo, I am not really particular about vendors.

These are all HPHT between 2.97-3.03 carats.
If the prices are out of reach, then I will search for well cut and proportioned IGI options.

$3460 - 40.8/34.5/56 combo, GIA graded E VS1

$3483 - 40.8/34.5/58 combo, GIA graded F VVS2

$3515 - 40.8/34/58 combo, GIA graded F VS1

SabineH

Rough_Rock
These are all HPHT between 2.97-3.03 carats.
If the prices are out of reach, then I will search for well cut and proportioned IGI options.

$3460 - 40.8/34.5/56 combo, GIA graded E VS1

$3483 - 40.8/34.5/58 combo, GIA graded F VVS2

$3515 - 40.8/34/58 combo, GIA graded F VS1

Thanks! I can not see where these are for sale is that correct? The second stone looks the most blue to me but I am not expert. I am fine with IGI also, doest GIA rapport say how the stones are produced? I cannot seem to find it.

I spoke with someone at dreamstone and they can check stones under short and long wave uv so that's great.

Just saw you wife's amazing ring! Does her ring haves phosphorescence? Did you care if it had is?

Last edited:

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Thanks! I can not see where these are for sale is that correct? The second stone looks the most blue to me but I am not expert. I am fine with IGI also, doest GIA rapport say how the stones are produced? I cannot seem to find it.

I spoke with someone at dreamstone and they can check stones under short and long wave uv so that's great.

Just saw you wife's amazing ring! Does her ring haves phosphorescence? Did you care if it had is?

These are all listed at LooseGrownDiamond, but are probably also listed at other sites (like DreamStone).
You can filter by HPHT, GIA, Excellent-Ideal cut, the size/carat range that I indicated, max table of 58, and I put a $3600 price limit into the filters. The SKU/stock numbers are also the grading report numbers, so search DreamStone with that grading report number to see if any are listed there.

None of them have blue nuance visible in the videos ...look at them from the side profile and note that they are clear to slightly yellow out near the girdle where the color will appear concentrated.

Thank you for the kind words about my wife's diamond!
No phosphorescence that we detect...it did test as a Type IIa by the local jeweler that made the setting.

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
Found that video! The founders of Ada Diamonds gave a great talk at GIA.

Thought you might be interested in what they say about phosphorescence. That section starts at 47:16. And they saw it with the office lights.

SabineH

Rough_Rock
Found that video! The founders of Ada Diamonds gave a great talk at GIA.

Thought you might be interested in what they say about phosphorescence. That section starts at 47:16. And they saw it with the office lights.

Oeh very helpful thanks!

SabineH

Rough_Rock
These are all listed at LooseGrownDiamond, but are probably also listed at other sites (like DreamStone).
You can filter by HPHT, GIA, Excellent-Ideal cut, the size/carat range that I indicated, max table of 58, and I put a $3600 price limit into the filters. The SKU/stock numbers are also the grading report numbers, so search DreamStone with that grading report number to see if any are listed there.

None of them have blue nuance visible in the videos ...look at them from the side profile and note that they are clear to slightly yellow out near the girdle where the color will appear concentrated.

Thank you for the kind words about my wife's diamond!
No phosphorescence that we detect...it did test as a Type IIa by the local jeweler that made the setting.

I can't find any of them, must be doing something wrong.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
I can't find any of them, must be doing something wrong.

Let me know when you're on the forum and I'll post the links so that you can quickly review and place any hold, if any look good to you.

SabineH

Rough_Rock
Let me know when you're on the forum and I'll post the links so that you can quickly review and place any hold, if any look good to you.

Thank you, will let you know when that time comes. Didn't realize buying a lab diamond is even more complicated than a natural.

after watching the above YouTube video completely phosphorescence is only spoken over when talking about HPHT diamonds, so CVD diamond do not have this?

Also CVD is always type 2a so no false negatives in diamond testing. Also watched some video's on the difference between CVD and HPHT diamonds and people don't seem to like them because they produce cheaper and faster and because of the HPHT color enhancement, but dat doesn't really make sense, I doesn't make the diamond weaker and they aren't natural to begin with. They both have tinge problems only CVD has some straining you have to look for.

So maybe the CVD would fit me better and I don't have to worry about phosforeschence. Adiamor has a nice setting and seems to have good prices also.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Thank you, will let you know when that time comes. Didn't realize buying a lab diamond is even more complicated than a natural.

after watching the above YouTube video completely phosphorescence is only spoken over when talking about HPHT diamonds, so CVD diamond do not have this?

Also CVD is always type 2a so no false negatives in diamond testing. Also watched some video's on the difference between CVD and HPHT diamonds and people don't seem to like them because they produce cheaper and faster and because of the HPHT color enhancement, but dat doesn't really make sense, I doesn't make the diamond weaker and they aren't natural to begin with. They both have tinge problems only CVD has some straining you have to look for.

So maybe the CVD would fit me better and I don't have to worry about phosforeschence. Adiamor has a nice setting and seems to have good prices also.

I usually find that a majority of HPHT diamonds have cleaner material than a majority of CVD diamonds, so I look very hard for any signs of blue nuance/Type IIb. Not as easy to spot with most D color, but usually quite easy in the E-G range.

SabineH

Rough_Rock

I bit the bullet and ordered this stone in a simple solitaire setting at Adiamor, only this website shows more pics. Now the waiting begins :mrgreen2:

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock

I bit the bullet and ordered this stone in a simple solitaire setting at Adiamor, only this website shows more pics. Now the waiting begins :mrgreen2:

That's horrible and you should send it to me immediately so that I can make my sure that it gets disposed of properly.
LOL
Beautiful choice - congratulations!

SabineH

Rough_Rock
So, after a really long wait it's here. I bit all my nails off and it rains like crazy so not the best pics but it's amazing! Fedex forgot to contact me to pay taxes so It was was at their depot for 10 days but it is amazing, really nice setting aswel. Had it engraved and the prongs look beautiful, the size is correct and it can sit flush with my other bands. It looks really white next to my J color diamond. And it looks so big! omg IMG_8111.jpeg IMG_8111.jpeg IMG_8112.jpeg IMG_8110.jpeg IMG_8113.jpeg IMG_8113.jpeg IMG_8108.jpeg IMG_8108.jpeg IMG_8105.jpeg IMG_8110.jpeg IMG_8106.jpeg IMG_8104.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_8103.jpeg
    IMG_8103.jpeg
    144.8 KB · Views: 7

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
WOW

momofive

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results