shape
carat
color
clarity

Could you please help me evaluating this ring!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

imationad

Rough_Rock
Hi to all!

I’m new to this forum, and also to diamonds. I’m from Eastern Europe, so you guess there is not too much 10k$ diamonds here…
I want to buy some nice ring for my girlfriend and to give her on she’s birthday.
First problem was that I didn’t know anything about diamonds, but I search internet a little and I learn something.

Than I start to shopping around again, and finally found one ring I think she would love to have on her finger.
But as this is Eastern Europe, price are little over inflated, because there are not to many educated people, and there are not any appraisers here. That job doing mostly jewelers here, so my job is extremely hard
7.gif

So, here is the ring, I found it on a manufacturers site, it’s some Italian factory. Ring is from white gold, but factory don’t sell it directly, one jeweler import it here and sell. So I can’t see any reference price for that ring.

ring0nh.jpg

This COPYRIGHT watermark was added by me, because I screen capture that photo from their website, and I don’t want to allow that someone take that photo and misuse it.
Ring I was looking had 0.44ct diamond and is 3.60 gram of white gold, nickel free I think and looked exactly like that on photo above!

I need second opinion for how much such a ring could cost. I know I don’t write any other details, but I don’t know it.
Please give me some estimation of price from your experience that is all I need.

Thanks you very much on your time!!!

DBM

Shiny_Rock
you need to become more acquainted with diamonds and the 4 C''s to better know what you''re looking for. You can find educational material on the 4 C''s on this website or many other diamond websites.

without knowing what kind of color and clarity of a diamond you want the price can range alot.

imationad

Rough_Rock
@DBM

Yes I know, but girls which are selling don''t had any further data. I educated a lot these few days, I was asking for color and clarity grade but don’t get any answer!
Just to remember, that is probably not some top notch diamond, with colour and clarity, this is eastern Europe, but i will go to that shop again tomorrow and ask for those data again!

@diamondseeker2006

Thanks! That is something that I needed. So, ring I chose is also tension type... I was not aware of that, i thought just those which are barely touch the diamond are tension one.
So, after I saw that site, I think, maybe I should stay away from those settings. They are expensive and technical not secure for diamond like ordinary settings, so I guess it''s better to invest that money in diamond, not in a ring... And we don’t have insurance for diamonds here…
Any way, I thought about maybe shop something from site you gave me, or from White Flash.
She is now in one small city near Washington (maybe that is Maryland state), visiting her girl friend, but I waned to gave to her personally
7.gif

It’s little silly that delivery boy gave her my ring, but maybe it’s better to bye her a best value for my money…
I don’t have to much time to think, 10 days maximum…

Thank you guys on your advices one more time!

p.s.
by the way, price of white gold ring on photo above with .44ct diamond is around 2200$ here…

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results