shape
carat
color
clarity

Could you please help me decide?

James H

Rough_Rock
1) 1.51c https://view.gem360.in/gem360/0201211158-3969/gem360-0201211158-3969.html

2) 1.64c https://view.gem360.in/gem360/0401210630-11208/gem360-0401210630-11208.html

Cut and HCA info

I've been leaning towards the 1.64, then changed mind for 1.51 now thinking that I should get the 1.64 after all

When comparing the AGS/GIA cut - the 1.64 is dead in the perfect zone while 1.51 slightly out. Than HCA is telling me that while 1.64 spark is excellent it may appear dark? When watching the ultra close 360 video it doen't look dark to me.

Thanks!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would get the larger.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are you limied to these 2? Neither of them looks like a traditionally ideal cut (from a PS perspective).

Bfelix

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I agree with lovedogs in that if you have to pick one of these, go with the larger but they aren’t in the ideal cut.

James H

Rough_Rock
I'm heavily limited due to being an expat in a country with low purchasing power = they tend to not stock anything over 1ct (unless willing to overpay in a high-end store)

Can't import it from the US due issues with customs. Can't travel due covid.

I still can wait (although my patience is wearing thin) when something else shows up.

If I understand it correctly the smaller one is right in the perfect zone in Tolkowsky chart

But people around here tend to not like 60% table size = which should mean it is nice and white but throws less spark?

The bigger one is 2 steps diagonally on the sweet line so shouldn't be a dud? Which should mean it offers strong brightness with less contrast/definition?

I just not sure what would be more pretty if I get no better choice. Nor me, or my gf have trained eye :)

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm heavily limited due to being an expat in a country with low purchasing power = they tend to not stock anything over 1ct (unless willing to overpay in a high-end store)

Can't import it from the US due issues with customs. Can't travel due covid.

I still can wait (although my patience is wearing thin) when something else shows up.

If I understand it correctly the smaller one is right in the perfect zone in Tolkowsky chart

But people around here tend to not like 60% table size = which should mean it is nice and white but throws less spark?

The bigger one is 2 steps diagonally on the sweet line so shouldn't be a dud? Which should mean it offers strong brightness with less contrast/definition?

I just not sure what would be more pretty if I get no better choice. Nor me, or my gf have trained eye :)

The chart you're looking at only considers CA and PA, not table size or depth so I don't think it's accurate to say yours falls into the "ideal" range. The issue isnt with the CA and PA so much as it is the CA and PA in combination with the table and depth that make both choices not ideal.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results