shape
carat
color
clarity

Could you forgive clarity for color?

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock
I'd ask the seller if the inclusion poses a durability risk and whether it breaches the surface. As for clarity vs colour, if the price is right and it is exactly what I was looking for I'd sacrifice on clarity, especially in a smaller stone like that.

susiegrneyes

Shiny_Rock
That was the first thing I asked.It doesn't breach the surface. It's got a GIA color only report. I'd guess GIA would call it I2 though. I haven't got the slightest clue what a fair price would be for this stone.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LoversKites|1429806534|3866516 said:
I'd ask the seller if the inclusion poses a durability risk and whether it breaches the surface. As for clarity vs colour, if the price is right and it is exactly what I was looking for I'd sacrifice on clarity, especially in a smaller stone like that.

+1
I personally made this sacrifice when I bought my faceted Paraiba because I found the colour so amazing.

Good luck in making your decision :wavey:

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG, I love when FCDs have inclusions, as it helps keep the price down. I bought a 1 carat beautiful champagne diamond for $250 because it had a huge feather, and I can't even notice it, except when I turn the stone a certain way, and even then, I can't complain. If the price is right, and the inclusion doesn't affect the beauty that much in your mind, then I say go for it. Clarity is not such an issue with FCD's as it is in white diamonds.

Now, if it were a white diamond with a huge feather that was quite obvious, that would give me pause, but colored gems are a lot more forgiving with inclusions and I'm also not one of those people hung up on clarity. Everyone is different though.

I personally think it's a beautiful diamond in the video. Now if it were riddled with black spots or looked like frozen spit, that would be a different story, and if it keeps the price way way way down, then I would go for it. I would just tell the jeweler not to put it in an ultrasonic cleaner, as they can sometimes affect feathers like that.

Marlow

Brilliant_Rock
Yes and no!!

It depends on the kind of inclusion and the position. .Maybe a fingerprint - extremely worse in the tip of the pavillion - no problem at the outside. Negative crystals, colorless apatite/ diopside or calcite are great!!! But I hate iron stains!!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Marlow|1429815915|3866629 said:
Yes and no!!

It depends on the kind of inclusion and the position. .Maybe a fingerprint - extremely worse in the tip of the pavillion - no problem at the outside. Negative crystals, colorless apatite/ diopside or calcite are great!!! But I hate iron stains!!

I agree: depends on the CS........diamond or not.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, it depends on the type and location of the inclusions.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
For this specific stone, I would forgive the clarity, assuming you are not willing to go up in price.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Like most other posters, I would say it depends. In this case, knowing how Susie collects, I would go for it for a few reasons. One is that it is so small that one will not be able to see it unless really close. Second is that the diamond's scintillation and dispersion will likely mask it almost completely. Third is that if it will go into the necklace collection, you will go broke if you wait for clean diamonds to collect! :lol:

susiegrneyes

Shiny_Rock
minousbijoux|1429818778|3866670 said:
Like most other posters, I would say it depends. In this case, knowing how Susie collects, I would go for it for a few reasons. One is that it is so small that one will not be able to see it unless really close. Second is that the diamond's scintillation and dispersion will likely mask it almost completely. Third is that if it will go into the necklace collection, you will go broke if you wait for clean diamonds to collect! :lol:

You know me so well. The stone is about 3k so it'd still be the most expensive single stone I've bought to date. The vendor also assured me that he considers it eye clean. I actually don't even know what I'd do with it. I guess It's just the lure of owning a true fancy pink diamond.

susiegrneyes

Shiny_Rock
pregcurious|1429817661|3866651 said:
For this specific stone, I would forgive the clarity, assuming you are not willing to go up in price.

Yeah, I can't justify spending more to myself.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results