shape
carat
color
clarity

Could use some advise from the experts

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cindyvet

Rough_Rock
Help!!!!
I have been shopping for the stone for me e ring , we finally go married without it, for 3 months now. I have seen one cushion and one RB from a wholesaler who a friend turned me onto. I can not tell if he is pulling my leg for the sale or not. I just still do not know enough. We want a 1.8 - 2.0C either RB or cushion. I faithfully check ps daily, but do not know what makes the stone unique and what to go for. I would like a larger looking stone but eye clean. G or H is fine. THe RB I saw was much larger looking than the cushion.
stats: 1.8 rb, color H , SI2, 8.11x8.07x4.59 EGL cert. , table 59%, crown ht 11.5, pav depth 42.0, med facet, g to vg polish, sym v.g. , faint fluor. no culet.
Thoughts???
Price 9999$ plus tax.
Thank you for any replies I am an amateur!
cindy

PhillipSchmidt

Brilliant_Rock
RB''s always look bigger. They have the most sparkle and the biggest overall spread. There was a very good thread here comparing princess cuts to brilliant cuts. See if you can find it, if it interests you.

Paul-Antwerp

Ideal_Rock
Trade
If cut and the resulting light performance is of any importance to you, then this diamond is not what you are looking for.

Please check the Pricescope-tutorial, educate yourself and see what is most important for you in your purchase.

Live long,

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I already gave my two cents concerning the cut of this stone on another thread...

I wholeheartedly agree per previous thread that if you are focusing on well-cut, this stone is not the one...there''s a reason it''s under $10k for that size and color/clarity. Actually more than one.

Did you look at the other 2 stones I noted?

You need to figure out what your criteria is in order of requirements and then stick to it. What comes first? cut or carat weight? price or cut? etc. Then start shopping.

In terms of what constitutes a well-cut stone, there are many threads on that.

Good luck.

cindyvet

Rough_Rock
Mara, thanks for the reply again. I got the first link to the stone on Feb 5th, but not the second stone. It was a repeat of the first. Does anyone out their have a favorite internet person from the more reputable sights that they recommend? I am in the med. field and lost in your field. I am tired of shopping. Thanks for all replies
cindyvet

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Cindy,

There are a ton of great vendors on this forum. You can find many threads about who has what with just a little looking. You can also rely on the information from some of the cut experts like Paul Antwerp and Gary Holloway and the "hobbiests" here are better than many of the "professionals" that you will meet in the local jewelers.

If you have come looking for a font of knowledge, you have found it.

Wink

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
After you read the Tutorial, just go to the Knowledge link at the top of the page, you can start looking at specs on different diamonds. When you are looking at Rounds, go to the PS home page. There are 2 easy ways there to search. One is among the best cut diamonds. Just click on the phrase, "Search by cut quality". That will give you all the diamonds available with known HCA scores. Or, just below that, if you will check the AGS0 and/or H&A boxes, the Search engine will automatically set to the preferred table and depth dimensions for selecting a round brilliant.

Ask Vendors for Sarin analysis so you will know the angles, magnified pics of the diamond so you can see the inclusions, a copy of the Cert with the plot, and any of a number of forms of light performance analysis.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results