shape
carat
color
clarity

Could this make a nice pendant?

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
For a statement, stunning pendant, the aqua has my vote. The setting for it could be simple as the stone and cut speaks for itself, in addition to the size!

I’m assuming you mean a 3 stone pendant? I absolutely love that idea! My mom has something similar with an aquamarine instead of a zircon and I love it. She has her aquamarine drop set with a thin diamond halo, and the top 2 stones are white sapphire and diamond. Looks beautiful when worn, especially on a very short chain so the white sapphire is sitting directly below the collarbones.

nojs

Shiny_Rock
Yes I meant all three in this order. Would you happen to have a picture of your moms pendant?

Yes I meant all three in this order. Would you happen to have a picture of your moms pendant?

Afraid not, but I can describe it for you:
Each stone was set in an individual basket setting, the top two stones did not have a halo, the bottom one had a very thin halo (thinnest halo possible). The three baskets were joined together with a link so they were spaced out slightly. The top stone had a small bale (just plain white gold) to thread a chain through.

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think it would look fantastic, that Aqua is amazing!

For comparison I would like to see it as a two stone without the cushion diamond. That stone might be just a tad too small to fit in with the other two.

Or maybe the diamond on top, instead of in the middle.

elizat

Ideal_Rock
I would remove the diamond. Or place it st the very top. But it's a lot different in scale.

Polyhex

Brilliant_Rock
I think it will look incredible and the small diamond helps transition from the blocky rectangle to the elegant point at the top of the aqua.

voce

Ideal_Rock
I love the aqua and agree with @Polyhex in that the diamond can provide a transitioning element. I might be in the minority opinion, but I think it's the elongated zircon that's out of place if you had to eliminate one of the three.

The small cushion diamond could provide a lovely accent set point to point with a point of the triangle, but the shape of the zircon just looks kind of dull and old school, not precision modern cut as the others. Maybe I'm just picky, but I'd explore the possibility of getting the zircon custom cut into an elongated hexagon shape that comes to points, to more effectively complement the aqua.

nojs

Shiny_Rock
+1. Great idea! They all look a little bluish in this photo, though.

Yes, don’t know why, I didn’t use any filters on the photo and all that I took turned out the same. Zircon and the diamond are white, the diamond is actually a K with faint fluoro. The aqua is 9.5 ct, the diamond is 0.64 but has a great spread, so it is more like a 0.75 and I believe the zircon was about 5 ct.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results