shape
carat
color
clarity

Could this EC really be an IF (part deux!)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

NatureBaby

Rough_Rock
Good Evening Everyone!

I am so excited that our diamond has finally arrived!!! Thank you to everyone who helped us make the decision to get it. You all were right! It was just dusty in the pics. We are extremely pleased with it!
36.gif

So, now, it is time to set it and I am having a really hard time. We initially thought about setting it in a half eternity setting with a matching half eternity band, but then we stumbled upon this setting which I kinda love and kinda think is too much...The diamond is a 1.6ct F, IF Emerald Cut and it takes my breath away. I love this matching set, but I think I will probably wear either the EC by itself OR the band by itself at any one time because I feel like the setting kind of distracts the eye from the EC. I did not feel this way until I saw the diamond on top of a Ti"phony" mounting as a solitare. We are getting married in two weeks and have to get it set pretty soon. What do you think??

These pictures were taken in the store and the diamond has simply been placed on top of the prongs. We had been touching all over it to center it, so please excuse its greasiness...it had a rough day
2.gif

Kai1.JPG

NatureBaby

Rough_Rock
...and on the finger...

Kai2.JPG

NatureBaby

Rough_Rock
...the semimount alone...

Kai3.JPG

NatureBaby

Rough_Rock
...the band...

Kai4.JPG

NatureBaby

Rough_Rock
...solitaire w/ round/baguette band...

Kai5.jpg

NatureBaby

Rough_Rock
...and finally...solitaire w/ channel set band...PLEASE HELLLLLLLLLP!

Kai6.JPG

lp

Rough_Rock
I personally like the look of the solitare with the round/baguette band! I think the matching semi-mount sort of takes over the simplicity of your VERY beautiful EC, but having the solitare setting with the blingy band looks great to me!

soycoffee

Shiny_Rock
I kinda prefer the solitaire with the eternity wedding band, just because I think it looks very classic, timeless, and doesn''t distract from that BEAUTIFUL stone! Really, it is so beautiful, it would be nice to just focus on that. Just my opinion though!:)

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmmm... I like solitaires, but I really like how that emerald cut looks with the nice classic lines of that semi-mount. However, I don''t really like the semi-mount with the matching band.

So... my pick would be semi=-mount e-ring with a simpler band, or solitaire with eternity band.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/4/2009 9:54:05 PM
Author: VRBeauty
Hmmm... I like solitaires, but I really like how that emerald cut looks with the nice classic lines of that semi-mount. However, I don''t really like the semi-mount with the matching band.

So... my pick would be semi=-mount e-ring with a simpler band, or solitaire with eternity band.
Ditto the above.

NatureBaby

Rough_Rock
Thank you for the comments! Do you have any ideas for a simpler band that would go nicely with this semi-mount?

beechezz

Brilliant_Rock
I really like the last option you showed, the solitaire w/the RB channel band.....Just classically stunning!
Please let us know what you decide!

gummibear

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/5/2009 7:48:17 AM
Author: beechezz
I really like the last option you showed, the solitaire w/the RB channel band.....Just classically stunning!
Yeah, me too. I''m usually not a channel-set-lover, but that last combo looks so clean and beautiful. I also like the idea of a more detailed (diamonds) band for the mounting and just a plain band for the wedding band. That stone is gorgeous, by the way!
30.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Solitaire!

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Solitaire!
1.gif

SparkleSparkle

Shiny_Rock
Ooooh... tough call. Maybe a happy medium? Just the emerald with the baguettes with either a plain wedding band or an eternity with alternating bags and rounds (or all bags/ECs). I think the rounds are taking away from the clean lines of the EC. Just my opinion...

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/5/2009 10:33:32 AM
Author: gummibear
Date: 4/5/2009 7:48:17 AM

Author: beechezz

Yeah, me too. I''m usually not a channel-set-lover, but that last combo looks so clean and beautiful. I also like the idea of a more detailed (diamonds) band for the mounting and just a plain band for the wedding band. That stone is gorgeous, by the way!
30.gif

AGREED!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like solitaires, but that semi mount is gorgeous!

NatureBaby

Rough_Rock
You Pricescopers are the BEST!!!
36.gif
Thank you for all of your input. I wish I could say I knew what to do, but I am still a little unsure. My fiance and I are on our way to the store in about two hours -- AGGGGGGGGH!!! I have to make a final decision so it can be ready for the wedding - or else our precious little ring bearer will be carrying the stone in his hand on his walk down the aisle!
38.gif

I think I am headed in the direction of the solitaire with the channel set band, but I am still in need of some thoughts. Also, if I go with the solitaire band, what do you think of the size of the band. That one is a 1/4 ct channel set. Bigger, smaller, or juuuussssst riiiight?

Thank you all, again, for helping me narrow it down. We are down to the wire...AGGGGGGGGH!
33.gif

soycoffee

Shiny_Rock
I really think the size shown of the channel set is perfect--it is sparkly, but doesn''t detract from the Main Attraction of that beautiful EC.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/4/2009 9:22:00 PM
Author: soycoffee
I kinda prefer the solitaire with the eternity wedding band, just because I think it looks very classic, timeless, and doesn't distract from that BEAUTIFUL stone! Really, it is so beautiful, it would be nice to just focus on that. Just my opinion though!:)
Ditto!

I'm usually not keen on bar-set settings ... & even less charmed by the baguette/tapered baguette/round combo. Also the sidestones look too big for the very nice sized EC -- the EC gets a bit lost in all the hooha.

ETA: if you have other options for channel set bands ... I say go with one a smidge smaller -- so the band & the band of the e-ring are about the same width. The more delicate the wedding band, the more your stone pops.

peaches

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I definitely think the simpler, classic solitaire setting with the channel set band really makes the EC stand out. Just gorgeous! Maybe it's just me but it actually makes the center stone look even larger...

ETA: kudos to you for bringing a camera with you. I totally forgot mine when I visited the jeweler this weekend. DUH!
20.gif

NatureBaby

Rough_Rock
Again, many thanks for all of your thoughts. We just got back from our shopping excursion and we decided to go with the solitaire setting with the channel set band. We actually decided to purchase something similar to the picture, but from a different store. I feel like such a traitor! As many of you have expressed, I have never been much of a channel set fan, but I absolutely love how clean and dainty it looks with the solitaire. I am extremely happy with the decision and I cannot wait to get it set
30.gif
. As soon as the rings are ready, I will send out a "part trois".

Thanks, again! You all are the BEST!

peaches

Shiny_Rock
Trade
CONGRATS on your new setting!!! Can''t wait for the next installment...!
31.gif

loveloveloveit

Brilliant_Rock
Personally I really think the last option you showed is the most stunning, with the channel set band. I''m not usually a fan of channel set but with the solitaire it really sets it off. I thought the first two options were just a bit "busy" for such a stunning centre stone - they would be alright with a smaller stone in my opinion if you needed to boost the sparkle factor. Good luck, can''t wait to see what you decide!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results