shape
carat
color
clarity

Could someone with a better eye take a look at this diamond please

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

notdocyet

Rough_Rock
It is on Blue Nile. Does it have hearts and arrouws? Thank you very much.
1.16-Carat Round Diamond
This Ideal-cut, J-color, and SI1-clarity diamond comes accompanied by a diamond grading report from the GIA.
GIA Report
GIA Report

Price: $4,428
About the Diamond
Diamond Information
Stock number: LD00923534
Price: $4,428
Bank wire price: $4,362
Carat weight: 1.16
Cut: Ideal
Color: J
Clarity: SI1

Depth %: 62.5%
Table %: 55%
Symmetry: Excellent
Polish: Excellent
Girdle: Medium to slightly thick
Culet: None
Fluorescence: None
Measurements: 6.67 x 6.74 x 4.19 mm

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s a little deep, so it will face up a bit smaller than it''s carat weight. Also, we really need crown/pavillion angles to better evaluate the stone.

notdocyet

Rough_Rock
This is the GIA report. I am sorry to seem so dense here, but are you saying that my diamond will seem smalller than it is, I am not sure what the meaning is but I want my diamond to look as big as possible! Thanks for your help!!. Leslie

GIA14998490.jpeg

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hi notdocyet,

Date: 9/16/2006 5:10:20 PM
Author:notdocyet
It is on Blue Nile. Does it have hearts and arrouws? Thank you very much.
1.16-Carat Round Diamond
Impossible to tell the craftsmanship/H&A optical symmetry from a lab report. Since H&A represents a very small percentage of stones cut on the market it is unlikely. Photography demonstrating it or an accuately generated model would be necessary to accurately determine if it does or not.

Kind regards,

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Explaining why the stone will look a bit smaller face up:

Since this stone is a bit deep at 62.5%, this means that more of the diamond's carat weight is located through the bottom of the stone, and thus the diameter of the stone will be smaller than a stone of the same carat weight that is less deep (e.g. depth percentage of 60-62%). However, this difference is not going to be drastic. It is something you should be aware of though.

I'm sorry, I can't quite make out the numbers on the certification since I have a small monitor. Any chance you can make the image a little larger?

whatmeworry

Brilliant_Rock
It looks like a fine diamond. good Holloway cut advisor score, GIA cut Excellent. I guess you could look at it through a H&A viewer to see if the pattern is up to your standards.

notdocyet

Rough_Rock
HI ''kcoursolle'' I am not very computer savvy so I hope that this is a little bit larger. I wish that I knew more about diamonds. This is teh one that my boyfriend seems to have his heart set on. All the information that everyone is giving to me has been very helpful. Thanks so much Leslie

GIA14998490_zoom.jpeg

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
The spread is -5% less than a widely used standard. It is on AGS''s border to be dropped, but 5% is not bad since the extra weight is in the girdle and will mmake the stone hard to damage.

There is no published evidence that H&A''s is any more than a mind thing.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Leslie, I can definitely read it now. The cut advisor gives this diamond a 1.9 and a excellent, very good, very good, very good. In my personal opinion this stone will probably be pretty, but there are better performers out there. I don''t like the depth, but it seems that you are not paying for the extra depth since this diamond is very reasonably priced.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results