shape
carat
color
clarity

Could someone please help identify this stone :}

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

wifey2b

Brilliant_Rock
Hello - my Aunt has this necklace, and cannot for the life of her remember the name of the stone...she would so greatly appreciate it if someone could help her identify it. I told her I knew just the place that could help
2.gif
I see I can only add one pic at a time, so I will add a few more - just to give you the idea of it. To me it looks like a clear gold colored stone with gold flecks that look shiny in it...Thank you all :}

DSCN5005sm.jpg

wifey2b

Brilliant_Rock
I took one with no flash - hoping to give a better idea :}

DSCN5008sm.jpg

wifey2b

Brilliant_Rock
Another view :}
Thank you everyone :}

DSCN5012sm.jpg

colormyworld

Brilliant_Rock
ID over the net is not a sure thing but I''ll play along. Don''t hold me to it but it looks like amber from my side of the screen.

Doug

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
It looks like amber to me too, a nice honey color.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would also guess amber.

wifey2b

Brilliant_Rock
Thanlk you all - anyone have any idea what it was worth? Thanks - my Aunt is very pleased with the results :}

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yup it''s Amber.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/5/2007 3:16:28 PM
Author: wifey2b
Thanlk you all - anyone have any idea what it was worth? Thanks - my Aunt is very pleased with the results :}

I don''t know a lot about Amber, but my guess is that it''s not worth much. This type of necklace is sold EVERYWHERE in the Czech Republic and Poland...

twodoor2

Shiny_Rock
I would say a one piece of amber like that, about an inch in length (I'm guessing), but you didn't give dimensions, is about $30. They're not very expensive. They sell tons of these types of necklaces at various flea markets and silver specialty stores. It is very lovely though. I love amber. However, if your amber had a very good bug or small animal preserved in it, then it's worth much much more (especially to museums).

Your piece looks like Baltic amber (where most amber comes from). The amber from the Dominican Republic is much older. Amber is fossilized tree resin from millions of years ago. It became very famous when the movie "Jurassic Park" highlighted obtaining dinosaur dna from mosquitos that bit dinosaurs, and these mosquitos became trapped in the amber. The ancient forests had many many trees, so amber is quite abundant. Baltic amber, I think goes back about 30 million years (not sure), but it's too young to have dinosaur DNA trapped in mosquitos!!
9.gif

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It may not be super valuable but it looks very nice. Hope she just enjoys it!

wifey2b

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/5/2007 3:55:04 PM
Author: Stone Hunter
It may not be super valuable but it looks very nice. Hope she just enjoys it!
Aaaaawwwwww thank you - she is and really appreciates your kind remarks...
This stone is about 1 and 1/4 to 1 and 1/2 inch - and it is right in the range that he paid for it - My Aunt cannot get over all the responses and nice comments - so thank you very much - she is impressed ;} guess I know where to go eh? giggle :}
Thank you all and have a great day :}

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
That 100% looks like amber.
1.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My guess is amber too. I'm glad your Aunt paid a fair price for the lovely coloured amber pendant.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results