shape
carat
color
clarity

Costco Wedding Band Decision

katiep23

Rough_Rock
I have a beautiful round solitaire engagement ring (about 1.75 carats, G color/VS2 clarity) & wanted a pretty simple diamond band to go with it. I actually found 2 at Costco I love. Ordered both & still can't decide which I like better, so really want to go with the better value at this point.

#1 is 0.50ctw (13 diamonds) VS2 & F color for $799: https://www.costco.com/Round-Brilli...nd-Platinum-Band,-Size-7.product.1610304.html

#2 is 0.63ctw (12 diamonds) VS2 & I color for $899: https://www.costco.com/Round-Brilli...d-Band,-Platinum---Size-7.product.187207.html

I feel like #1 should be worth far more, but maybe the size difference is worth more than I realize?

Also my solitaire is on a simple band right now & for this price point, I'm considering buying 2 & perhaps getting my engagement ring mounted on one as well? Would the number of diamonds on the band make a difference for that?

katiep23

Rough_Rock
Also, one more thing to note is that option #1 has a thicker band than #2 as well.

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
If you go by per carat price, #2 is the better value. Have fun choosing!

RMOO

Brilliant_Rock
Have you received them yet? Can you take pictures of each with your e-ring?

katiep23

Rough_Rock
Have you received them yet? Can you take pictures of each with your e-ring?

I can! Costco only sold in whole sizes & I'm 6 1/2 so both are a little big & would have to be resized.

Ring 1: ring1.jpg

Ring 2:
ring2.jpg

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For a difference of $100, I would just choose the one you like best. The F color diamonds are closer to your G. Buying two with hopes of setting your diamond on one could be risky. You would have to find a jeweler that would be willing to try to take the band apart and insert a head into it. Probably have better luck with taking the diamonds out and having a whole new engagement ring setting made with the diamonds. I would check around about having something like that made from scratch before I would try to make a setting out of one of the bands.

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
I like number 2 more, larger diamonds.

Reactions: caf

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the second one but I think you can probably tell better than we can which one goes best. They are so similar that
its really hard to see a big difference from one picture of each.

Ditto @MissGotRocks ...if you want a ring for your diamond you probably want to pick out a set and just buy the wedding band
for the right now then in the future when you're ready buy the engagement ring and have your diamond set. Much better plan.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would take the higher color.

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
If the I-to-G difference does not bug you then I like the second one. Personally it bugs me when bands are whiter than center stones but not the other way around.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results