shape
carat
color
clarity

COSTCO prices?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Wazzu Cody

Rough_Rock
Has anyone dealt with Costco when buying a diamond? How do their prices compare with other on-line dealers/wholesalers?

lacina

Shiny_Rock
Costco sels low colors , I guess there is a reason for it. CHEAP!
The clarity seems to be all VS2 and the cut is usually regular clas 2 never premium or ideal cuts available,...
Costco is not even close to what on line dealers offer,... Another think,..
Try to ask Cosco sales staf question about diamond,... You will know more than they do! They will tell you to take your purchase to GG for an appraisal and if you are not happy you have 30 days to return it. The prices are usualy at wholesale +10% this is how costco sells all their merchandise.
Best

George

rocknovice

Rough_Rock
I called them and got a qoute for the following. Someone might have a comment on it. The one think I didnt like is that they only sell the diamonds mounted. They allow you to return them, but not if they are removed from the mount.

Quoted Price $6400
GIA Cert -April 24, 2000
Round
Laser Inscription - GIA cert number
1.06 ct
6.65-6.67-4.02
Depth 60.4%
Table 56%
Girdle Thin to Med, Facetd
Culet None
Polish Good
Symmetry Excellent
Clarity VS2
Color G
Flour None
"2000 DE BEERS ALRESHA 875" is present on table facet
Additional Inscription H&A

This make me think of a question I have. This diamond's GIA cert says it has text on the table facet. I have never heard of this. Is this common? Why would anyone want this?

lacina

Shiny_Rock
That is a pretty good stone for Costco! The price is of course easy to beat unless there is a special value to the limited eddition od the DeBeers cut.
Inscribtion is always located on the table of the facet on the girdle
George

aneelcon

Shiny_Rock
Hi,

We buy almost Everything at Costco. gas, food, jewelry, you name it! My bf just purchased a 1.66ct HVS1 H&A stone from costco for 10,500. It was a De Beers just like yours. I feel really comfortable buying from costco because because you can always return it. I think the 30 day policy someone mentioned is incorrect. I recieved an 1.0ctw anniversary band from them and one of my stones got loose and popped off (3 years later)!!! Went to costco and they replaced it for free! no questions asked. Yeah it popped off, but it had a really weird setting (prongs were really small).

Costco marks up their prices by 8% and they never buy ideal cuts or stones that are AGS certified (only igi and gia). Those are more expensive. They carry vs2 I or better quality. If you want a D IF, they probably have some in stock somewhere.

Hope this helps.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Costco prices are lower than many B&M stores; but, the prices are higher than on line. Costco *indeed* carries colorless stones. I have seen some stones that are quite nice & others that are dogs. Cut does not seem to be a priority. They have stones listed on their website. Smaller ones are IGI graded. Better, larger stones often carry a GIA cert.

Good luck. And, if your heart is set on this one, take advantage of having the time to get the stone "appraised".

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results