shape
carat
color
clarity

costco engagement rings?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

evaldez

Shiny_Rock
i don''t know you guys, went to costco the other night and they had some pretty nice engagement rings with great looking center stones... what do you guys think about buying a costco engagement ring?... quality?. bargain?...quality stones?..
let me know ps family!

ed-

Noahsmom

Shiny_Rock
I think you could go to Goodoldgold.com, Jamesallen.com, Whiteflash and a few other PS vendors and get stunning deals. Not to mention they work with you and know what they are talking about. What are the odds that the person at Costco is knowledgeable in GIA and AGS standards? If you are going to spend that kind of money, go with people who know their product and have made it their passion.

JMO from a nube though.

Daisi2112

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/10/2009 9:02:42 PM
Author: Noahsmom
I think you could go to Goodoldgold.com, Jamesallen.com, Whiteflash and a few other PS vendors and get stunning deals. Not to mention they work with you and know what they are talking about. What are the odds that the person at Costco is knowledgeable in GIA and AGS standards? If you are going to spend that kind of money, go with people who know their product and have made it their passion.

JMO from a nube though.

I completely agree.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Do a search here and I think you''ll find more than a few threads about this subject matter. Costco does carry rings with GIA certed stones, you just have to do your homework.
1.gif

cheers--Sharon

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMO, you can do better than Costco no matter how small your budget. Cut is king, and it''s highly unlikely you''ll find a truly well cut stone there. You can go down in colour and clarity if you have a top notch well cut stone. Lots of retail stores try to push a high colour and high clarity as being superior, when these are the lesser factors in a diamond''s performance, *after* cut quality. Better to go with a place/vendor that only deals in diamonds, and you''ll be much happier in the end. Good luck and welcome!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/10/2009 9:22:04 PM
Author: canuk-gal
HI:

Do a search here and I think you''ll find more than a few threads about this subject matter. Costco does carry rings with GIA certed stones, you just have to do your homework.
1.gif

cheers--Sharon
Fully ditto''d.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Costco carries some really nice stones, and I actually almost got my engagement ring there. Their round diamonds in particular can be really well cut. And their prices are great! The same ring I saw at Costco cost about $1600 more for Whiteflash to custom-make.

The detriments to shopping at Costco are:
1) You don''t get to pick the stone and setting separately...so you could find an awesome setting with a so-so stone or vice versa.
2) Most of their stones are IGI certed, and IGI is soft on color/clarity grading.

But if you''re in the market for a nicely cut round brilliant in a simple solitaire setting on a tight budget, Costco may be a good way to go. Definitely get it appraised independently if it''s an IGI stone.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
They've got a great return policy.

Personally... I'd want an upgrade and buy back policy, and I'd want to chose my stone unset. So I'd go with a PS dealer. BUT if you do want a round brilliant in a simple solitaire... get some specs, call them up, ask for a GIA stone with those specs and see what they dig up... and what something similar would cost you at one of the PS dealer.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results