shape
carat
color
clarity

Costco diamond necklace broke

Ig77

Rough_Rock
I bought a diamond necklace from Costco a few months back. My wife wore it yesterday and it broke.

What are my options? do they let me exchange or return it?

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Why don't you take it back with the receipt and see what they say? I thought they had a pretty liberal return policy.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I thought they had a liberal return policy, too. But things breaking months after purchase usually just means you take it to a jeweler and have it repaired.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We have friends that work at Costco and you can basically return anything. There was actually a woman who bought a turkey and returned it after eating it and got a refund. I personally would get it repaired but yes their return policy is that liberal.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
NO. Do not get it repaired.
If you have an outside jeweler work on it you void the lifetime warranty.

Take it right back to them and they will take care of it. Even if it broke 20 years after the purchase as long as no outside jeweler has worked on it they would take care of it. That is their policy.

They are great, you have nothing to work about.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omg, I nearly choked laughing! Returning a cooked and eaten turkey for a refund! Too funny.

DAF

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I believe I remember reading that they will take things back up to a year later. Hopefully they still have more and you can get a replacement.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
For jewelry it is lifetime.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
StephanieLynn|1455480221|3991079 said:
We have friends that work at Costco and you can basically return anything. There was actually a woman who bought a turkey and returned it after eating it and got a refund. I personally would get it repaired but yes their return policy is that liberal.

Some people really suck. That is the height of nerviness and IMO disgusting behavior. Return an eaten turkey? What kind of people do this? :sick: :knockout: :nono:

Ig77, there should be no problem with you returning that necklace to Costco. Sorry it broke and hope you find a perfect replacement.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1455543351|3991247 said:
StephanieLynn|1455480221|3991079 said:

Some people really suck. That is the height of nerviness and IMO disgusting behavior. Return an eaten turkey? What kind of people do this? :sick: :knockout: :nono:

Ig77, there should be no problem with you returning that necklace to Costco. Sorry it broke and hope you find a perfect replacement.

Some people have no shame. I would never even think of this but some people's minds work this way I guess.

Nida

Shiny_Rock
I bought a diamond necklace from Costco a few months back. My wife wore it yesterday and it broke.

What are my options? do they let me exchange or return it?

Can you post pictures of the broken necklace?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you post pictures of the broken necklace?

I see you just registered on PS today.

The OP started this thread over 4 years ago.
(S)he posted only that one single post, which means (s)he has not been seen here since.
FWIW, that means there is nearly zero chance (s)he will see your question.

Screen Shot 2020-04-14 at 7.25.14 PM.png

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results