shape
carat
color
clarity

Cost to set diamond?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ksreynolds74

Rough_Rock
I purchased an asscher cut diamond from Blue Nile to set into a standard 4-prong platinum setting. I am taking it to a local jeweler to have it set.

1. How much should I expect to spend for these services?

2. Is it reasonable to ask to be able to see the diamond under the scope after it is set? I don''t want to insult the jeweler, but I''d hate to have the diamond switched out too. Is there a way to ask this without offending anyone?

Thanks!

gardengirl

Rough_Rock
I recently got a quote for $50 to have a 1.5 set. I have heard prices as low as $17-- try doing a ps search for setting prices.

good luck!

gardengirl

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you need such magnification to tell? I would take a good (loop and all) at the setting anyway (for the setting alone). I think that this whole story with 'diamond switching' is more legend than anythong else (after all, the respective jeweler would be in the position of a thief who cannot run or pocket 5 pointers all his life). But I would not skip a good look at the job: even if the service is worth 50$, it involves objects worth so much more.

About offending jeweler... Should I feel insulted when my clients critique my work? It would be the end of me!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results